Upcoming Events at the Center
- September 17: John Renard (Theological Studies) will deliver a lecture on the inauguration of the minor program in Middle East Studies. The lecture, "Illustrating the Persian Book: The Happy Marriage of Literary and Visual Narrative," will take place at 4:00 p.m. in the Auditorium of the Center for Global Citizenship. A reception will follow.
- October 2: Ronnie Hsia, Edwin Earle Sparks Professor of History at Pennsylvania State University, will deliver a lecture in the Matteo Ricci Lecture Series. The lecture, "Confucian Christianity," will take place at 4:00 p.m. in the Sinquefield Stateroom, Dubourg Hall. A reception will follow.
- October 9: A welcome reception for incoming NEH Research Fellow, Nancy van Deusen (Claremont Graduate College) will be held at 4:00 p.m. in Adorjan Hall, Third Floor Common Area.
- October 9-10: A conference, That They May Be One: The Past, Present, and Future of Orthodox-Catholic Relations, will commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the mutual lifting of the excommunications of 1054. Co-sponsored by the St Irenaeius Orthodox Theological Institute, it will take place on campus. For more information click here.
- October 23: Nancy van Deusen (Claremont Graduate College) will deliver a lecture on the topic of her current research at 3:15 p.m. in Adorjan Hall 142.
- November 6: Constance Bouchard (University of Akron) will deliver the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies Annual Lecture at 3:15 p.m. in the Marquette Gallery of Dubourg Hall.
- November 23-29: The Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies is co-sponsoring a conference, Concilium Lateranense IV: Commemorating the Octocentenary of the Fourth Lateran Council of 1215 in Rome, Italy. For more information go to http://lateraniv.com.