Upcoming Events at the Center
- February 3: Jill Raitt (University of Missouri), the current NEH Research Fellow, will deliver a lecture entitled, "It's Mutual! Jesuit Spiritual Direction of Women, 1540 - 1773." The lecture will take place at 3:15 pm in Adorjan Hall 142. A reception will follow.
- February 10: The Crusades Studies Forum will meet to discuss the article, Enrique Rodriguez-Picavea, "The Military Orders and Hospitaller Activity on the Iberian Peninsula during the Middle Ages." The discussion will take place at 3:00 p.m. in the CMRS Seminar Room.
- February 20: Bianca Kuehnel (Hebrew University of Jerusalem) will deliver the Art History Annual Lecture and the Middle East Studies Annual Lecture, co-sponsored by Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. The title of her lecture is "The Crusader Decoration of the Nativity Church of Bethlehem." The lecture will take place at 4:00 p.m. in the Pere Marquette Gallery of DuBourg Hall.
- February 23: Chloe Starr (Yale University) will deliver the next in the Matteo Ricci Speakers Series Lectures. The title of the lecture is "Chinese Theology with Jesuit Characteristics: From Xu Guangqi to Xu Zongze," and it will take place at 4:00 p.m. in Adorjan Hall 142. A reception will follow.
- February 24: The Crusades Studies Forum will meet to discuss the article, Shmuel Shepkaru, "Christian Resurrection and Jewish Immortality During the First Crusade," The discussion will take place at 3:00 p.m. in the CMRS Seminar Room.
- February 24: A Welcome Reception will be held for incoming NEH Research Fellow Elizabeth Skerpan-Wheeler (Texas State University) at 4:00 pm in the Third Floor Common Area of Adorjan Hall.
- March 1: Claire Preston (University of London, Queen Mary), will deliver a Special Guest Lecture co-sponsored with the Department of English, entitled "Curiosity and Forgetting in teh Seventeenth Century: The Case of Sir Thomas Browne." The lecture will take place at 4:00 pm in Adorjan Hall 142. A reception will follow.
- March 24: Anne Lester (University of Colorado, Boulder) will deliver a lecture entitled "Sacred Histories and Holy Things: Liturgy, Narrative, and Ritual in the Aftermath of the Fourth Crusade." The lecture will take place at 3:00 pm in Adorjan Hall 142. A reception will follow.
- April 21: The Crusades Studies Forum will meet to discuss the article: Lisa Perfetti, "Crusader as Lover: The Eroticized Poetics of Crusading in Medieval France."
- June 19-21: The Annual Symposium on Medieval and Renaissance Studies will be held on campus. For more information go to http://smrs.slu.edu.