Upcoming Events at the Center
- October 2: Ronnie Hsia, Edwin Earle Sparks Professor of History at Pennsylvania State University, will deliver a lecture in the Matteo Ricci Lecture Series. The lecture, "Confucian Christianity," will take place at 4:00 p.m. in the Pere Marquette Gallery, Dubourg Hall. A reception will follow.
- October 8: Francesca Trivellato (Yale University) will deliver a lecture entitled "Commerce and Cosmopolitanism in Early Modern Europe." The lecture will take place at 5:00 p.m. in Boileau Hall.
- October 9-10: A conference, That They May Be One: The Past, Present, and Future of Orthodox-Catholic Relations, will commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the mutual lifting of the excommunications of 1054. Co-sponsored by the St Irenaeius Orthodox Theological Institute, it will take place on campus. For more information click here.
- October 16-17: The 42nd Annual Saint Louis Conference on Manuscript Studies will be held in the Anheuser-Busch Auditorium of the John Cook School of Business. The public Lowrie J. Daly, S.J. Lecture will be delivered this year by Stella Panayotova of the Fitzwilliam Museum at Cambridge University. The title of the lecture is "Manuscript Illumination: Art and Science." It will be delivered at 4:00 p.m.
- October 23: Nancy van Deusen (Claremont Graduate College) will deliver a lecture on the topic of her current research at 3:15 p.m. in Adorjan Hall 142.
- October 30: John Giebfried (Saint Louis University) will deliver a lecture entitled "The Long Sack of Constantinople, 1197-1261," in the CMRS Seminar Room, Third Floor Adorjan Hall at 3:00 p.m.
- November 6: Constance Bouchard (University of Akron) will deliver the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies Annual Lecture at 3:15 p.m. in the Marquette Gallery of Dubourg Hall.
- November 13: The Crusade Studies Forum will meet to discuss the article by Anne Lester, "What Remains: Women, Relics, and Remembrance in the Aftermath of the Fourth Crusade," at 3:00 p.m. in the CMRS Seminar Room, Third Floor Adorjan Hall. For more information: http://crusades.slu.edu.
- November 23-29: The Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies is co-sponsoring a conference, Concilium Lateranense IV: Commemorating the Octocentenary of the Fourth Lateran Council of 1215 in Rome, Italy. For more information go to http://lateraniv.com.
- December 4: The Crusade Studies Forum will meet to discuss the article by Megan Cassidy-Welch and Anne Lester, "Memory and Interpretation: New Approaches to the Study of the Crusades," at 3:00 p.m. in the CMRS Seminar Room, Third Floor Adorjan Hall. For more information: http://crusades.slu.edu.