About the Program
Healthcare represents one of the largest industries in the world with over 100,000 health care meetings held in the U.S. a year. With these meetings come a tangled web of laws, regulations and reporting restrictions to provide accountability and transparency. This brand new certificate program is a partnership between Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and Saint Louis University (SLU) and is targeted tor those who are involved in planning and reporting transparency and spend as well as for those suppliers who provide services and products to the healthcare industry. The benefits of receiving the certificate include:
- Professional Recognition
- Personal Satisfaction
- An Indicator of Expertise
- Increased Opportunities for Employment Advancement
- Increased Credibility with Clients.
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is the largest and most vibrant global meeting and event industry association. The organization provides innovative and relevant education, networking opportunities and business exchanges, and acts as a prominent voice for the promotion and growth of the industry. MPI membership is comprised of approximately 18,500 members belonging to 70 chapters and clubs worldwide. For additional information or to join, visit www.mpiweb.org.
Certificate objectives include:
- Learn the facts about the Physician Payment Sunshine Act - National Physician Payment Transparency Program: Open Payments
- Understand the relevance of the Act on your niche business
- Discover the various types of health care meetings
- Gain information on how to create the right environment for health care meetings
- Recognize risk management and liabilities
- Apply sales and marketing tips for gaining health care business
Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in finding our more information about the Certificate program, including the who, what, why, where and how of the Program, then click here. Additionally, you can contact the Workforce Center at 314-977-3226 or email@example.com with any questions.
Upcoming Certificate Sessions
World Education Congress (WEC) 2015
Certificate Session: August 1, 2015 | 1 PM to 5 PM
Conference Description: MPI is committed to providing industry-leading professional development, networking and marketplace opportunities for our members. The annual World Education Congress is the signature event through which MPI delivers top-rate education, networking and business opportunities to the meeting and event community. For 3 ½ days, WEC attendees are immersed in a variety of learning experiences designed to transform the way they plan meetings.
Location of HMCC Session: Moscone Center | 747 Howard Street | San Francisco, CA 94103
Cost: The HMCC session is offered in conjunction with World Education Congress 2015 hosted by Meeting Professionals International (MPI). The cost for conference attendees is discounted to $399, which is $200 off of the regular rate of $599. A coupon code will be provided to all attendees following registration to the conference program. Please note that students who are not registered for the conference will be charged $599. Additionally, on-site registration is $599 for conference attendees and $699 for non-conference attendees. Registrants must purchase and read "Breaking the Code to Healthcare Compliance" prior to the session.
Books are available for $68.95 each and can be ordered online: http://www.meetingcompliance.com
Registration: Click HERE.
11th Pharmaceutical Meeting Professional's Summit
Certificate Session: November 5, 2015 | 3 PM to 7 PM
Conference Description: ExL Events presents the 11th Annual Pharmaceutical Meeting Professionals' Summit, taking place at the Hyatt at the Bellevue on November 4-5, 2015 in Philadelphia. This unique event attracts an elite gathering of the industry's finest, delivering a research-based educational program and a balanced audience of both planners and suppliers in an intimate, relaxed setting, ideal for engaging and networking.
Location of HMCC Session: Hyatt Bellevue Hotel | 200 South Broad Street | Philadelphia, PA 19102
Cost: This Certificate course is being held in conjunction with the 11th Annual Pharmaceutical Meeting Professionals' Summit, presented by ExL Events and the cost to attend is discounted to $499, which is $100 off the regular rate of $599. You must be registered to attend the 11th Annual Pharmaceutical Meeting Professionals' Summit to participate in this certificate course. Pharmaceutical Meeting Professionals' Summit discounts, passes and vouchers do NOT apply to the Certificate Program. Onsite Registration is $599. Cancellations made less than four weeks from the date of the certificate program, will forfeit the registration fee. Participants who fail to attend the session will also forfeit the registration fee. The HMCC course registration fee does NOT include cost of class reference material. Registrants must purchase the book "Breaking the Code to Healthcare Compliance" and read prior to session. Books are available for $68.95 each and can only be ordered online at: http://www.meetingcompliance.com
Registration: Click HERE.
- If written notification is received by Saint Louis University at least 30 days before the class date, students may cancel their registration with a $100 USD cancellation fee. Refunds will not be given. Cancellations made less than 30 days before the class date will forfeit the $599 registration fee. Students who fail to attend the session will also forfeit the $599 registration fee.
- SLU's Workforce Center and MPI reserve the right to cancel an HMCC session at any time. In the event the class is canceled due to attendance, your registration fee will be refunded or you may apply it to a future class
- SLU and MPI are not responsible for any travel expenses incurred for attending an HMCC session. Additionally, we will not reimburse travel expenses in the case that a session cancels.