About the Program
Healthcare represents one of the largest industries in the world with over 100,000 health care meetings held in the U.S. a year. With these meetings come a tangled web of laws, regulations and reporting restrictions to provide accountability and transparency. This brand new certificate program is a partnership between Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and Saint Louis University (SLU) and is targeted tor those who are involved in planning and reporting transparency and spend as well as for those suppliers who provide services and products to the healthcare industry. The benefits of receiving the certificate include:
- Professional Recognition
- Personal Satisfaction
- An Indicator of Expertise
- Increased Opportunities for Employment Advancement
- Increased Credibility with Clients.
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is the largest and most vibrant global meeting and event industry association. The organization provides innovative and relevant education, networking opportunities and business exchanges, and acts as a prominent voice for the promotion and growth of the industry. MPI membership is comprised of approximately 18,500 members belonging to 70 chapters and clubs worldwide. For additional information or to join, visit www.mpiweb.org.
Certificate objectives include:
- Learn the facts about the Physician Payment Sunshine Act - National Physician Payment Transparency Program: Open Payments
- Understand the relevance of the Act on your niche business
- Discover the various types of health care meetings
- Gain information on how to create the right environment for health care meetings
- Recognize risk management and liabilities
- Apply sales and marketing tips for gaining health care business
Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in finding our more information about the Certificate program, including the who, what, why, where and how of the Program, then click here. Additionally, you can contact the Workforce Center at 314-977-3226 or email@example.com with any questions.
Upcoming Certificate Sessions
MPI World Education Congress 2014
Certificate Session: Saturday, August 2, 2014 | 1 pm to 5 pm
WEC is the premier educational conference for the meeting and event industry. The event offers three full days of content, from enlightening General and Flash Point sessions that offer new ideas and discoveries from both inside and outside the industry to exceptional networking opportunities that will allow me to meet with, and source, new vendors and suppliers for our company.
Location of HMCC Session: Minneapolis Convention Center
Cost: As a registrant of the MPI WEC conference, you will receive the conference attendee rate of $398. Those not registered for the MPI WEC conference will pay the regular session fee of $599 (USD). Additionally, a textbook is required for this session and can be ordered here:
Registration: Click HERE.
Certificate Session: October 13, 2014 | 9 am to 1 pm
IMEX America sets the pace for doing business on an international scale. Increasing in size and scope annually, this event features the largest Hosted Buyer Program in North America and attracts thousands of buyers and exhibitors from the U.S. and around the world. The energy at IMEX America is everywhere, connecting everyone with key players, generating innovative ideas and driving business with the force of global opportunities. Plug into the power source at IMEX America: the pulse of the meetings industry.
Location of HMCC Session: Sands Expo and Convention Center, 201 Sands Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89169
Cost: $599 (USD) - Additionally, a textbook is required for this session and can be ordered here: http://www.meetingcompliance.com
Registration: Click HERE.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please call 314-977-3226 and allow at least 5 business days prior to the class.
- SLU's Workforce Center and MPI reserve the right to cancel an HMCC session at any time. In the event the class is canceled due to attendance, your registration fee will be refunded or you may apply it to a future class
- SLU and MPI are not responsible for any travel expenses incurred for attending an HMCC session. Additionally, we will not reimburse travel expenses in the case that a session cancels.