Virtual Course Set-Up
The Center for Workforce and Organizational Development offers a variety of classes with the option to attend virtually via Webex. VIRTUAL classes offer ease and convenience and allow students to participate in classes right from their desks. There are some basic hardware requirements, but set-up is minimal and the Workforce Center staff will assist students in getting up and running.
Hardware Requirements for VIRTUAL Classes
Minimum computer system requirements can be found here:
Equipment must include a microphone and speakers, but a webcam is preferred. Students may use any webcam, but a webcam with a built in microphone makes installation easier.
Here are some webcam recommendations:
Alternatively, students can attend a virtual class via phone, but the use of web audio is strongly recommended.
Registration and Set-Up for VIRTUAL Classes
- Before you register for a virtual class, run this WebEx test to ensure your computer set-up is compatible: http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
- Classes with virtual options available will have a Course Choice drop-down menu on the registration site. When enrolling, be sure to select "VIRTUAL - Live At Your Desk" from this menu.
- After registering, please send an email with your preferred phone, email and shipping address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to ship your course materials to you prior to class beginning as well as your Certificate of Completion after the class ends.
- A staff member from SLU's Workforce Center will contact you by phone a week before your class and will run a WebEx test run with you.
- After this test is run successfully, you will receive an emailed WebEx invitation and registration for the the virtual class. This invitation will have instructions for connecting virtually to your class. For each day of class, the class session will be available to connect 30 minutes prior to class beginning.
Note: Be sure to add email@example.com to the spam filter list to ensure that you can get the invite and reminder emails from the WebEx system. Also, if you need to connect to the WorkForce Center WebEx page, here is the link: workforcecenter.webex.com
Free Seminars and Webinars
The Workforce Center offers free seminars on a regular basis, and we provide these seminars virtually in most cases. Since these seminars are generally an hour long, we do not provide formal WebEx set-up for attendees, but if you are in need of assistance or have any questions, please call: 314-977-3226.