This applet looks at constructing a
surface from its level sets (contours).
- It opens with a control window and three graphics windows.
- Domain window gives the countour map of the function.
- The Level Curves window shows the graph of the function being cut
by a plane at height z0. The value of z0 can be found and modified in the
control window. The level curve at this height is in orange.
- The graph window shows the graph and the level curves on the
graph. The level curve generated by the cutting plane in the
previous window also shows up.
- Notice that is the graph window is viewed using the view menu
iten "Up the Z axis" we will reproduce the domain window.