Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical Laboratory Science
Department of Clinical Laboratory Science
|Degree:||PhD in Microbiology, Saint Louis University
|Degree:||MS Integrated Biology (Immunology), Madurai Kamaraj University
|Degree:||BS. Zoology (Major), Botany and Chemistry (Minor) Madurai Kamaraj University
|Post Doctoral fellow, Yale University 1991-1992; Post Doctoral fellow, University of Chicago 1992-1996;Research Associate, Dept of Neurology, Washington University 1996-1998;Group Leader, Incyte Genomics 1998- 2000;Associate Director, Incyte Genomics 2000-2001; President and Founder , GeneProTech, Inc. 2002-present;Adjunct Faculty, Saint Louis University 2007-2010|
1. AM Foskett, UR Ezekiel, JP Trzeciakowski1, DC Zawieja, M Muthuchamy (2011). Hypoxia and ECM proteins influence angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis in mouse embryoid bodies. (accepted in Frontiers in Vascular Physiology).
2. Heuertz RM, UR Ezekiel (2010). A review of biofilms produced by pathogenic bacteria. ADVANCE for Medical Laboratory Professionals Sep 20, 2010 online.
3. S Duessel, UR Ezekiel, RM Heuertz (2008). Growth inhibition of human colon cancer cells by plant compounds. Clin Lab Sci. 21(3): 151-7.
4. DI Yang, S Chen, UR Ezekiel, J Xu, Y Wu, CY Hsu (2005). Antisense RNA to inducible nitric oxide synthase reduces cytokine-mediated brain endothelial cell death. Ann NY Acad Sci, 1042:439-447.
5. D Zhang, UR Ezekiel, SW Chang, HP Zassenhaus (2005). Gene expression profile in dilated cardiomyopathy caused by elevated frequencies of mitochondrial DNA mutations in the mouse heart. Cardiovasc Pathol 14(2):61-69.
6. RM Heuertz, S Tricomi, UR Ezekiel, RO Webster (1999). C-reactive protein inhibits chemotactic peptide-induced p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activity and human neutrophil movement. J Biol Chem 274:17968-17974.
7. KSC Chao, JS Hsu, J Xu, UR Ezekiel, E Eves, MR Rosner, CY Hsu (1999). Differential effect of cycloheximide on neuronal and glioma cells treated with chemotherapy and radiation. J Neurooncol 45:19-26.
8. T Sun, UR Ezekiel, R Agulo, U Storb (1999). Homopolymeric coding ends prevent joint formation in V(D)J recombination in murine scid preB cells. Molecular Immunol 36, 551-558.
9. UR Ezekiel, T Sun, G Bozek, U Storb (1997). The composition of coding joints formed in V(D)J recombination is strongly affected by the nucleotide sequence of the coding ends and their relationship to the recombination signal sequences. Molecular Cell Biol 17, 4191-4197.
10. UR Ezekiel, P Engler, D Stern, U Storb (1995). Asymmetric processing of coding ends and the effect of coding end nucleotide composition on V(D)J recombination. Immunity 2, 381-389.
11. UR Ezekiel, EM Towler, JW Wallis, HP Zassenhaus (1994). Evidence for a nucleoside-dependent topoisomerase from yeast mitochondria. Current Genetics 27, 31-37.
12. UR Ezekiel, HP Zassenhaus (1994). Evidence for a site-specific endonuclease in yeast mitochondria which recognizes the sequence 5'GCCGGC. Biochem Biophys Res Comm 201, 208-214.
13. UR Ezekiel, HP Zassenhaus (1993). Localization of a cruciform cutting endonuclease to yeast mitochondria. Molecular Gen Genetics 240, 414-418.
1. Embryoid body-based screen. US Patent Number 7,803,619.
2. Methods and systems for high homologous recombination ("HR") targeting efficiency. US Patent Number 7,892,823.
3. Compositions and methods for selection of a pure population of cells from a mixed population. US Patent Publication Number 11456203.
|My primary research interests are in gene targeting, cell differentiation and diagnostic assay development.|
|Other Activities:||1996-1998 Member: Society for Neuroscience, 1999-present Member: American Society for Microbiology, 2010-present Member: International Society for Stem Cell Research, 2011 Member: American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, 2011 Member: American Association for Clinical Chemistry, 2011 Member: American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology|