We are leaders in research that promotes the health and well-being of all communities
- Learn about our nationally recognized faculty on the Faculty Research page or by their Research Interests
- We strive to fully support our faculty through the research application process. We have a robust Google site available with the tools you need from funding opportunities (updated weekly) to budget management.
Contact Alexis Bruce-Staudt, Director of Research Studies, for more information.
Research within the Saint Louis University College for Public Health & Social Justice is built on strong partnerships among practice, academic and community partners.
The College is home to a number of centers and institutes dedicated to research, outreach, and educational activities ranging from promoting long term solutions to social problems through the Doerr Center to professional development for environmental health and safety professionals through the Center for Environmental Education and Training.
In 2014, faculty in the College for Public Health and Social Justice produced an $8.9 million research portfolio, 211 publications, 45 awards for more than $2.7 million, and 63 grant and subcontract submissions for more than $24.6 million.
The College's Research Office promotes a dynamic, innovative, and productive research community, and:
- Conducts research on potential funding sources and matching that information to faculty based on their research interests
- Collaborates with faculty in the development of ideas into grant proposals
- Supports faculty with the preparation and submission of grant proposal packages
- Reviews and approves grant proposal packages
- Ensures pre-award compliance of University, federal, and agency submission guidelines
- Interacts with SLU's Office of Research and Development Services (ORDS), Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), Office of Research Integrity, Institutional Review Board (IRB), and external funding institutions involved in pre-award grant activities
- Coordinates the College's Collaborative Research Innovative Speaker Presentations (CRISP) Series
We look forward to working with you!