Research Advisory Council
The Research Advisory Council is charged with:
- Supporting the mission of the CPHSJ Research Office
- Identifying research priority areas and upcoming funding opportunities
- Developing strategies for improving CPHSJ research policies and practices
- Assisting with the CPHSJ research awards
- Reporting back to department chair and colleagues about research issues identified and steps the Research Office, in collaboration with the Research Advisory Council is doing to rectify those issues
The Research Council is comprised of senior faculty members representing each of the six CPHSJ departments with a track record of awarded external funding and staff members from the Research & Business Offices. Members of the Research Council are invited by the CPHSJ Research Office to serve as a Council member with the support of their Department Chair. Each member may serve a term of two years with no term limits. The Research Council membership also includes the CPHSJ Director of Research, CPHSJ Director of Extramural Funding, and CPHSJ Grant Administrator.
The Research Council is chaired by the CPHSJ Associate Dean for Research.
The Chair’s primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of the Research Council meeting agendas
- Chair the Research Council meetings
- Provide assistance in carrying out the key functions of the Research Council
The Research Council meets twice during each semester and as convened by the CPHSJ Associate Dean for Research.