- College of Arts & Sciences Academic Advising
College of Arts and Sciences Academic Advising
Our Mission: The College of Arts & Sciences Office of Academic Advising promotes the holistic growth of students, with respect to their individual goals. Our integrated program works collaboratively with the University community in support of students' academic success. The Office of Academic Advising also maintains student records, provides essential academic information, and interprets academic policy for new freshmen, new transfers, and current students. Advising responsibilities include assisting students with transitional issues, curriculum planning, placement, registration, referrals, and implementing programs and activities to enhance retention.
The academic advising process is considered a very important aspect of a student's educational experience at Saint Louis University.
The goals of the advising process are:
- To assist students in their understanding of academic requirements
- To nurture intellectual maturation and self-confidence
- To encourage students to take an active role in the advisement process
- To foster a positive working relationship between students, advisors, and faculty mentors.