Annual Department and Program Reports
The annual departmental or program report should cover the activities that occurred during the current academic year. Reports are due in the Office of the Dean by May 30. Include only those topics below that are applicable. The maximum length is 6 pages. The report should begin with the mission statement of the Department or Program.
- Changes occurring in the disciplines represented by the Department/Program; response of Department/Program to these changes.
- Significant shifts in the number of undergraduate majors, minors, and certificates; significant shifts in the number of graduate students; the impact of these enrollment shifts on the ability of the Department/Program to provide major courses and service courses.
II. IMPROVEMENT OF INSTRUCTION
- Curriculum/course changes planned or implemented; reason for the changes; actual or anticipated result of the changes
- Innovative teaching methods planned or used
- Activities undertaken to assess student outcomes
- Faculty changes and effect on Department/Program
- Impact on students, including the following:
- Recruitment/retention of students in major/program
- Changes/improvements in the academic advising activities of the Department/Program
- Student research/publication activities
- Awards/recognition of students
- Acceptance of students in graduate/post-doctoral programs or positions accepted by students
III. RESEARCH, SCHOLARSHIP, AND/OR CREATIVE ENDEAVOR BY DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM
- Ways that scholarly/research activities are contributing to the advancement of the discipline, the goals of the Department/Program, or the mission of the University.
- Summary of the Department's/Program's scholarship and/or creative endeavors. Count only those publications that appear in print during the report year, including the following:
- Book chapters
- Refereed journal articles
- Research abstracts
- Edited publications
- Review articles
- Production, publication, exhibition of creative works or performances
- Lectures, papers, speeches presented at professional meetings or educational institutions
- Other evidence of scholarship
- Summary of research activity by the Department/Program, including the following:
- Proposals submitted in report year and dollar amounts
- Grants/contracts granted in the report year and dollar amounts
- Mention of exceptional scholarly accomplishments/awards/professional recognition of individual faculty members with a brief statement of the significance.
IV. PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
- Ways that professional service activities are contributing to the advancement of the discipline, the goals of the Department/Program, or the mission of the University.
- Summary of the Department's professional service in the following categories:
- Service to the profession
- Service to the University
- Service to the College
- Service to the Department
- Service to the community
- Mention of exceptional service activities of individual faculty to the university community, professional organizations, alumni, and/or prospective students with a brief statement of the significance.
V. PROBLEM AREAS
- Physical resources, human resources, and organizational changes needed to improve the work being done by the Department/Program.
VI. OTHER SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENTS
July 1, 2000