- Faculty & Staff Resources
- New Faculty & Staff
- Syllabi Statements
- College of Arts & Sciences Policy Manual
- Bylaws of the Faculty Council
- Bylaws of the Alumni Association
- Constitution of the Alumni Association
- Faculty Teaching Assignments
- Policy on Leaves
- Mission Statements of Departments and Programs
- Undergraduate Mentoring
- Annual Department and Program Reports
- Rank and Tenure Procedures and Criteria: College Level
- Promotion Policy for Non-Tenure Track Faculty
- Policy on Academic Honesty
- Procedures for Use in Appealing Allegedly Capricious Semester Grades of Undergraduate Students
- Outstanding Senior Awards
- Guidelines for Undergraduate Research Proposals
- Guidelines for Proposals for Co-Curricular Funds
- Mellon Faculty Development Awards
- Fund for Intellectual Renewal and Enrichment
- Classroom Fund Policy
- Faculty and Staff Excellence Awards
- Emeriti Faculty Policy
- Resources Available to Faculty
- Co-Curricular Funds
- Curriculum & Policy Newsletters
Constitution of the Alumni Association
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization shall be the Saint Louis University College of Arts & Sciences Alumni Association, hereinafter referred to as the Association.
ARTICLE II: VISION
Section 1: The Saint Louis University College of Arts & Sciences Alumni Association is an integral part of the university family, providing a life-long value-centered environment. It offers opportunities for social activities as well as professional and personal growth and is committed to supporting liberal education. The work of the Association continues in the Jesuit tradition of service to others.
Section 2: The purpose of the Association is to coordinate the activities of the members in furthering the interests of the College of Arts & Sciences by promoting professional and social activities, thereby fostering closer relationships among the alumni, students, and faculty of the College.
ARTICLE III: QUALIFICATIONS OF MEMBERS
Any person who has graduated from the College of Arts & Sciences of Saint Louis University is a member of the Association. Former students of the College who have not graduated can petition the Board of Directors for membership in the Association.
ARTICLE IV: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1: The authority of the Association, except as it may be limited by this constitution or regulated by the Bylaws of the Association, is vested in the Board of Directors.
Section 2: The Board of Directors shall be composed of the President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and at least six (6) members of the Association. The Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences shall serve as an ex-officio member, along with a representative from Institutional Advancement. The total membership of the Board of Directors shall be determined in accordance with the procedure specified in the Bylaws.
Section 3: The Board of Directors shall meet at least four (4) times each year, twice during each semester. The President may schedule additional meetings.
ARTICLE V: OFFICERS
The officers of the Association shall be the President, President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer.
ARTICLE VI: AMENDMENTS
Section 1: This Constitution may be amended at any meeting of the Board of Directors, provided that written notice of and content of any proposed amendments has been given in the notice of the meeting.
Section 2: This Constitution may be amended by two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the members of the Board of Directors attending the meeting provided the requirements of Section 1 of this Article have been met.
Section 3: All former Constitutions or parts of Constitutions inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed.
July 1, 2000