- Travel Policies and Procedures
College of Arts & Sciences Travel Policies and Procedures for University Guests
1. Notify the College of your department chair's or program director's approval by submitting the SLU Arts & Sciences Travel Form.
2. All requests for policy exceptions must be submitted on the Travel & Expense Policy Exception Request form. Policy exceptions include, but are not limited to:
- Not booking arrangements through TravelPlex, including flight, car rental, or hotel (excluding conference hotel bookings)
- Booking conference hotel at a higher rate than lowest published
- Not requesting pre-approval for travel
- Submitting expenses more than 60 days from date incurred
Do not include policy exception requests on the Travel Form.
3. All guest travel requires a trip number.
4. Guests who make their own travel arrangements are reimbursed 100% and processed on an eSeePay Online DPV. Guests receiving reimbursement for travel must submit a Master Vendor Form. W9's are not required for reimbursements, unless clarification is needed during vendor set up.
5. All guests to St. Louis must stay at Hotel Ignacio unless no rooms are available during their stay. Exceptions to this policy cannot be approved by the Dean.
6. If there are no expenses other than airfare, contact email@example.com to close the trip after travel is completed.
Detailed University policies and procedures are available at on the Business & Finance website