- Undergraduate Education
- Excellence Award Recipients
- Core Curriculum
- B.A. Core Requirements
- B.S. Core Requirements
- College of Arts & Sciences Academic Advising
- Academic Advising General Office Information
- Academic Advising Staff
- Faculty Mentors
- Advising Expectations
- Academic Advising Student Outcomes
- Advising Policies and Procedures
- Academic Information
- Pre-Registration and Registration
- New Students
- Advising Forms and Academic Resources
- Academic Honesty
- Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
- Co-Curricular Organizations
- Grade Appeals
- Student Achievement Awards
- Student Funding: Knoedler Undergraduate Research Funds
WELCOME, FUTURE BILLIKEN!
As a newly admitted Arts & Sciences student, you're most likely interested in planning your first semester of course work. The Academic Advisors in the Office of Academic Advising are committed to assisting with your transition to Saint Louis University and your progression toward graduation. Please take a moment to review the following checklist of important first steps to becoming a Billiken.
- Log onto the mySLU Portal - The mySLU portal is a comprehensive online resource for admitted students. As a new Billiken, you can use mySLU to check email for important information, dates, and more!
- Register for SLU 101 - SLU 101 is a student orientation program for new freshmen and new transfer students. All new students are expected to attend SLU 101. It is an opportunity to meet your academic advisor, discuss your academic goals and interests, register for classes, and learn from fellow students about the diverse academic opportunities that exist at SLU. New Freshmen will attend the SLU 101 Summer Program and New Transfer Students will attend the SLU 101 Transfer Orientation. If you are unable to attend a SLU 101 program, contact your Admission Counselor immediately to make other arrangements to meet with an Academic Advisor and get registered for classes.
- Curriculum Planning and Registration - A lot of factors go into developing your first curriculum plan and registering for classes. Your Arts & Sciences Academic Advisor will meet with you to discuss your intended major, educational goals, and academic experiences. Your Academic Advisor will also provide you with information about academic program requirements and course availability. You will select your courses and assist in the registration of your classes.