Pre-Registration and Registration
Before you Register for Classes
1. Schedule an appointment with your Faculty Mentor(s).
- Find your Faculty Mentor(s) in Banner Self-Service by clicking on "Student Records," "Student Information," then "View All Advisor Listing."
- Use People Finder to locate the contact information for each of your Faculty Mentor(s).
- Contact your Faculty Mentor(s) to discuss the preferred method for making an appointment. Discuss all major, minor, and/or certificate courses that you plan to take for the upcoming semester, including specific course recommendations. Be sure to discuss your future academic goals and address any questions you may have.
2. Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor.
- Contact your Academic Advisor to discuss the preferred method for making an appointment.
- Come to your appointment with a list of courses that you are planning to take for your core, major, minor, and/or certificate, as well as any other questions that you may have.
- Your Academic Advisor will provide you with your registration PIN. Keep your registration PIN somewhere safe until the second week of the semester. If you want to make changes during the first week of classes, you will need your PIN number. Take it home with you over break in case you want to make any changes. We recommend that you text it or email it to yourself so it's with you at all times.
- Registration eligibility is based on your total earned hours plus currently enrolled credit hours. Seniors (90+ credit hours); Juniors (60-89 credit hours); Sophomores (30-59 credit hours); Freshmen (0-29 hours).
- Registration Holds will prevent you from being able to register for classes. View holds in Banner Self-Service under Student Records. Visit the Registration Holds website for more information
- If you experience Registration Errors, please contact the Registrar's Office at 314-977-2269 or go to their website for assistance.
- If a class you want is closed, you have the option of either checking Banner at a later time to see if someone has dropped the course, choosing a different course, or request written permission from the instructor to add the course on a Change of Registration form. You will also be required to obtain your Instructor's and Academic Advisor's signature.
- If you need to add a course that requires an approval signature, please be sure to complete a Change of Registration form and obtain the signature of your Instructor, Academic Advisor, and/or Dean's Office.
- If you need to withdraw from all of your courses, please contact your Academic Advisor for assistance. You will not be able to withdraw from all of your courses.
- Failure to make Financial Arrangements can result in the cancellation of your classes.