- Undergraduate Education
- Excellence Award Nominations
- Core Curriculum
- B.A. Core Requirements
- B.S. Core Requirements
- College of Arts & Sciences Academic Advising
- Academic Honesty
- Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
- Co-Curricular Organizations
- Grade Appeals
- Student Achievement Awards
- Student Funding: Co-Curricular Funds
- Student Funding: Knoedler Undergraduate Research Funds
Knoedler Undergraduate Research Funds
GUIDELINES FOR KNOEDLER UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PROPOSALS
The Undergraduate Research Fund of the College of Arts & Sciences supports its current undergraduates in the pursuit of scholarly and creative activities and in the presentation of the results of such activities at scholarly meetings. Support may include such items as research supplies, computer software, minor equipment, and travel to off-campus research sites and scholarly meetings.
Undergraduates majoring in a discipline within the College of Arts & Sciences are eligible to apply for this program. Students write the proposal under the guidance of an Arts & Sciences faculty sponsor (who must sign the proposal to document his/her support for and supervision of the project). It is strongly recommended that students work closely with a faculty mentor in preparing his/her proposal. The signature of the student's major Departmental Chairperson or Program Director is also required.
LEVELS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Successful proposals are awarded a maximum of $500. Each eligible student may receive only one award per academic year.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD
Criteria for the award include the feasibility of the project, quality of the research or creative plan, educational value of the project to the student, and support of the project from departmental or other sources via matching funds.
Funding may be received for either the Fall or the Spring semester. For Fall funding, proposals must be received by October 1. For Spring funding, proposals must be received by February 15. Decisions regarding funding will be made within one week of the proposal deadlines, but not before the deadline. Any proposal received after the deadline will not be reviewed for funding in that term, but will be returned to the student for resubmission for funding in the next term.
Proposals that do not adhere to the following format will be returned without review:
1. Name of student applicant
2. Name of sponsoring faculty member
3. Department of applicant
4. Mail address, e-mail address, and phone number of applicant
5. Title of project
6. Date of proposed research project
7. Description of project (not more than two pages)
8. Matching funds from Department (if any)
9. Itemized budget
10. Signature of sponsoring faculty member
11. Signature of major Chairperson or Program Director
ADMINISTRATION OF KNOEDLER UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH FUND
The Associate Dean for Planning and Resources in the College of Arts & Sciences administers the Undergraduate Research Fund. Please submit your application for funding by completing the Application for Knoedler (UG Research) Funds.