To be certified for graduation, a student is required to complete all course requirements and to meet all of the following conditions:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours of undergraduate credit
- Completion of all requirements for the A & S Core Curriculum
- Completion of all requirements of at least one academic major
- Achieve cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above in major(s), minor(s), and related hours
(some majors/minors may have a different/higher GPA requirement)
- Completion of final 30 credit hours at Saint Louis University or an approved study
- Completion of the following percentages of credit hours at Saint Louis University or
an approved study abroad program
- At least 50% of a major
- At least 75% of a concentration
- At least 75% of a minor
- Registration for Senior Residency in all A & S majors being completed
To determine if you are on track to graduate:
- Verify all degrees, majors and minors are correctly listed on the student transcript/degree
- Ensure that all transfer and study abroad credits are posted to transcript/degree evaluation
in the semester prior to anticipated graduation.
- Register for Senior Residency in all A & S majors being completed.
- File an application to graduate before the end of the add/drop period of the semester in which
graduation is intended.
Averages for Graduation Latin Honors are computed only on the basis of coursework taken at
Saint Louis University. To be eligible for Graduation Latin Honors, transfer students must take
a minimum of 60 hours at Saint Louis University.
Summa Cum Laude 3.9 - 4.0
Magna Cum Laude 3.7 - 3.89
Cum Laude 3.5 - 3.69
Final determination of Graduation Latin Honors is made at the time of degree conferral.
The Spring University Commencement Ceremony is held in May to honor Fall, Spring,
and Summer graduates from the current academic year.
The College of Arts & Sciences holds a Pre-Commencement Ceremony at which graduates
are individually recognized. A & S Pre-Commencement occurs on a day preceding the
University Commencement Ceremony.
A Mid-Year Commencement Ceremony is held in December to honor students receiving their
degree in December.
Academic attire is required at both the Commencement and Pre-Commencement Ceremonies.
A graduation fee (billed to the student account) is assessed to all graduating students, regardless
of participation in commencement activities.
Diplomas are not available at Commencement Ceremonies. Students will be notified by the
Registrar's Office once the diploma is available for pickup.
Diplomas list the degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science), primary major, and earned
Latin honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude).
Transcripts list degree, all majors and minors, and cumulative GPA (determined at the time of
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Final Exam Schedules -