Learning Objectives Of The Ability Exhibit
Purpose: This unique traveling exhibit is designed to promote the inclusion of people with disabilities by demonstrating respect for others, comfort during interactions, and awareness of disability issues. Using a multi-media approach, the exhibit offers suggestions for becoming disability allies and educators.
Product/Service Description: The Ability Exhibit is a traveling interactive display designed to develop allies for people with disabilities. It is an affordable learning experience for all general populations. The exhibit is easy to ship and can be set up in a few hours. It provides ten interactive stations designed to build awareness about people with disabilities and the disability movement. The exhibit can be reserved online.
Learning Outcomes: After participating in the Allies for Inclusion: The Ability Exhibit, attendees will be able to…
- Demonstrate knowledge of people with disabilities and the disability movement
- Display a greater sensitivity to the struggles faced by people with disabilities in the past and to the challenges people with disabilities encounter today and will encounter in the future
- Understand the value of such concepts as Universal Design, and Person-First Language, after experiencing these concepts in action
- Appreciate and understand the concept of and need for Ability Allies and make a commitment to being an ally for inclusion.
- Become advocates for awareness, acceptance and inclusion of people with disabilities in society.