Black Law Students' Association
The purpose of BLSA is to utilize the collective resources available to the chapter for the creation and maintenance of a law school environment that is conducive to Black students’ effective study of the law by:
- Articulating and addressing the academic, financial, political, social and professional needs of its membership
- Fostering and encouraging professional competence
- Encouraging the increase in the number of Black students and addressing problems of attrition (should they exist)
- Instilling in members a greater awareness and commitment to the needs of the Black community
- Encouraging the increase in the number of Black faculty in the law school
- Promoting the interaction between the membership and other organizations within the law school and the University specifically, and the legal community and Black community generally
- Do all things necessary and appropriate to accomplish these purposes.
Each year SLU BLSA participates in SLU's Relay for Life Event.