1.Complete the Application form.
Download the Application Form. Please use this Application for all activities in 2017-2018
Important considerations when applying for a CME event:
- Title, topic or subject matter to be covered
- Gap analysis data
- Educational objectives that relate to the gap and expected educational outcome
- Within the application you will need to indicate the level of educational outcome you are striving for
- Target audience
- Draft of the course content including potential topics and speakers
- Preferred date and time
- Preferred location
- Funding sources and budget information
- Anticipated attendance and geographical range for marketing
- Submit application 9 months prior for a 1-2 day conference.
- Apply at least 1 year prior for a 3 plus day conference or on-line activity.
- Applications will not be accepted less than 3 months prior for any activity.
- A completed application form includes all required signatures, a budget, a course outline, and supporting documentation
2. Meet to discuss scope of work and plan the event
Terms of the Service Agreement will be discussed, as well as planning process guidelines and the timeline for your event.
3. Service Agreement
Once your application has been approved, you will be sent a service agreement detailing responsibilities, scope of work, administrative fees, and other terms.
- Managed vs. non-managed - how much involvement will the CME office have
- Sponsored vs. jointly sponsored -Sponsored is within SLU, jointly sponsored is with an outside organization
- Additional fees - Use of our online registration site (Cvent), presentation review
4. Conflict of interest and disclosure forms
The disclosure form and the Validation of Content form are required of all course faculty and planning committee members. This includes all individuals that may have control over the content of the activity. Disclosure information must appear in all activity materials, particularly in the printed handout provided prior to the start of your activity. Presenters must submit their powerpoint presentations for review at least 15 days prior to the conference date if they have any relevant financial relationships or conflicts of interest to disclose. If they have nothing to disclose, they must still submit their presentation at least 5 days in advance. At the time of the conference, they must verbally state any disclosures, and the second slide of the presentation must contain their written disclosure statement. Powerpoint presentations must be submitted in black and white.
5. Faculty forms
Faculty invitation letters
Faculty permission to upload slides to course website
Travel Form and Travel Policy
6. Sign in sheets
Participants must sign in at the time of the course to receive credits. If they have not pre-registered, they must fill out a request for credits form. Email address is mandatory because we send out digital certificates. Date of birth is also mandatory for ID verification.
A course evaluation is a requirement for all participants. Evaluation should occur at the completion of the course and, preferably, continue afterward to demonstrate the impact of the course on participants. Participants must be asked on whether or not commercial bias was perceived. Sample Evaluation Form 1. Sample Evaluation Form 2.
8. Post-Activity Submissions
Once the original sign in sheets, evaluation summary, Post-Activity Financial Report, copies of commercial support checks and all other required materials are received, CME certificates will be mailed out within 30 days of the activity's conclusion.
For more forms and information, please see the Forms and Documents page.