phone: (314) 977-2231
fax: (314) 977-1695
Role in the Center
As a graduate assistant in the Center, Konnor assists in the administration of the Certificate in University Teaching Skills (CUTS) program. He also conducts research on teaching and learning topics; consults with graduate students about teaching; and assists Center staff with design, implementation, and assessment of programs.
Areas of Expertise
- Organize and facilitate orientation sessions for new teaching assistants.
- Conduct mid-semester focus groups with students upon instructor request.
- Conduct confidential teaching consultations with graduate student instructors.
- Organize and contribute to Center publications and web-based resources.
- Conduct research on teaching and learning.
- Facilitate online seminars for Certificate program.
- Administer Certificate in University Teaching Skills program.
Konnor is a graduate student in the Biology Department at Saint Louis University. He joined the Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning in July 2018. Konnor earned his MS in Biology from Central Michigan University in 2017 where his research focused on classroom design and active learning techniques. Konnor now works in Dr. Elena Bray-Speth’s lab performing research on students use of conceptual models and evaluating the effectiveness of learning assistants. Konnor has experience teaching introductory biology labs for both majors and non-majors as well as teaching high school biology.