Call for Applications: Innovative Teaching Fellowship
The Reinert Center is currently accepting Innovative Teaching Fellowship applications from full-time, permanent teaching faculty at Saint Louis University who wish to teach in our innovative Learning Studio. The Fellowship provides for a course release to support course (re)design work prior to teaching in the Learning Studio, as well as instructional design assistance during the semester of teaching.
The current Call for Applications is for the following Fellowship period:
- Course Release Semester: Spring 2015
- Teaching Semester: Fall 2015
- Application deadline: Friday, October 3, 2014, by 5 p.m.
Please read this section carefully to understand what is required for the Fall 2015 application process and use the updated application and Dean/Chair Support forms when applying for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship, which is due Wednesday, October 1, 2014, by 5 p.m.
All relevant documents and forms can be found below.
Faculty who wish to apply for a Fellowship must:
- Consult the Innovative Teaching Fellowship Guidelines prior to registering for a required Pre-Application Workshop and complete an application (see #4) with the requisite, signed Dean/Chair Support Form (see #5).
- Register by 12 p.m., Wednesday, September 10, 2014 to attend a required Pre-Application Information Session (see schedule below) to preview the Learning Studio, determine which proposed course would be a good fit for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship, and to begin the written application process prior to the required Pre-Submission Consultation.
- Sign up for a required Pre-Submission Consultation with Reinert Center Instructional Developers. This consultation is required before applying for the Fellowship. To sign-up for this consultation, you will need to register at the following link here by 12 p.m., Wednesday, September 10, 2014 and attend the required Pre-Application Information session mentioned in #2.
- Complete and submit the application form by 10/1 by 5 p.m.
- Obtain both Dean and Chair Support by 10/1 by 5 p.m.
- Read the Instructional Developer Statement of Practice to understand the relationship between faculty and instructional developers during the one-course, one-semester course release.
All application materials should be submitted electronically to Mary Cook, Office Administrator, by email at email@example.com or in hard copy to Pius Library, Suite 221, no later than 5 p.m. on the last day of the call, Friday, Oct. 3, 2014.
Before applying for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship, potential applicants are required to attend one of the following Pre-Application Information sessions in the Learning Studio to see the space's furniture and technology, and to experience some of the instructional possibilities of the space. Please click on the following link to register for a required Pre-Application Information sessions: Registration is required.
All of the following Pre-Application Information sessions are held in the Learning Studio, Des Peres Hall, Room 213:
- Thursday, September 11: 8:30 am-9:30 am
- Tuesday, September 16: 4:00 to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 17: Noon to 1:00 pm
Questions about the Innovative Teaching Fellowship may be directed to Sandy Gambill by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 314-977-7202.
This page was last updated on Friday, September 5, 2014.