Call for Applications: Innovative Teaching Fellowship
The Reinert Center is currently accepting Innovative Teaching Fellowship applications from full-time, permanent teaching faculty at Saint Louis University who wish to teach in our innovative Learning Studio. The Fellowship provides for a course release to support course (re)design work prior to teaching in the Learning Studio, as well as instructional design assistance during the semester of teaching.
The current Call for Applications is for the following Fellowship period:
- Course Release Semester: Fall 2015
- Teaching Semester: Spring 2016
- Application deadline: Monday, February 23, 2015, by 5 p.m.
The application process for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship involves both pre-submission activities and completion of the required application form. All parts of the application process are required and are intended to prepare faculty to be as competitive as possible. (A complete PDF of the Call for Proposals also may be found here.)
Faculty interested in applying for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship must complete the following two steps prior to preparing their applications. Both are required for applications to be considered.
- Attend one of the following Pre-Application Information Sessions. (Registration is required; to register, go here: http://tinyurl.com/n8ecygs.)
- Wednesday, January 28, 8:30-9:30 a.m., in 213 Des Peres Hall
- Thursday, January 29, 4:00-5:00 p.m., in 213 Des Peres Hall
- Friday, January 30, noon-1:00 p.m., in 213 Des Peres Hall
- Schedule and attend a Pre-Application Consultation with Reinert Center staff during the week of February 9. (Note: if possible, consultations will be held in the Learning Studio.) Consultations will be scheduled at the end of, or after, the Pre-Application Information Sessions.
After attending both the Pre-Application Information Session and their Pre-Application Consultation, applicants should:
- Complete the Innovative Teaching Fellowship Application Form on our website; and
- Secure approval from both their department chair / program director and their dean, using the Statement of Support Form on our website.
Applications will be reviewed by Reinert Center staff and past Innovative Teaching Fellows. Successful applications will provide clear and thorough answers to all application questions and will make visible that the Learning Studio is an essential space for the proposed course.
Priority consideration will be given to applications that:
- Include creative ideas for maximizing the use of the Learning Studio's features to support student learning;
- Describe a method for assessing the impact of the proposed (re)designed course and the learning space on student learning and teacher effectiveness;
- Identify ways their (re)designed course and/or Learning Studio experience might serve as an instructional model for use by other SLU faculty; and
- Identify ways to contribute to the research on teaching in innovative, technology-rich spaces.
Applicants also are encouraged to consider including collaborative distance learning projects.
Completed applications, including the signed dean/chair Statement of Support Form, must be submitted to Mary Cook in the Reinert Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, February 23, 2015. Final selections will be made no later than Monday, March 2, 2015.
Questions about the Reinert Center, or this fellowship, may be directed to Gina Merys (email@example.com).
This page was last updated on Thursday, January 15, 2015