- Programs & Services
- Certificate Program
- Certificate in University Teaching Skills
- Foundations Certificate
- Program Requirements
- Faculty Mentor
- CUTS FAQ
- Institutes and Academies
- Open Studio Sessions
- Academic Portfolio Retreat
- Feedback on Teaching
- Madrid Services/Programs
The purpose of the faculty mentor is to provide the Certificate participant with a person with whom he/she can openly discuss discipline or like-discipline perspectives on teaching. A full, detailed description of the expectations for the mentor/mentee relationship can be found in the Faculty Mentor Information and Guidelines document.
- The Mentor and Mentee agree to meet four times throughout the duration of the participant's time enrolled in the program.
- Meeting topics are outlined in the Faculty Information and Guidelines and correspond to program milestones
- At the completion of the certificate, the Faculty Mentor writes a final summary letter for the participant to include in his/her portfolio.
- The mentor and mentee cannot be enrolled in the Certificate Program simultaneously
- The mentor must be a faculty member at Saint Louis University
- The faculty mentor is not required to be within the same department as the participant; however, at a minimum, a like department is encouraged in order to discuss teaching in the participant's field.
Become a Mentor
- This is a formal mentoring relationship; the Certificate participant will initiate a request to the mentor with a Faculty Mentor form.
- Once the form has been received, the Reinert Center staff will email a confirmation to the mentor and include a copy of: