Call for Applications: Innovative Teaching Fellowship
The Reinert Center is currently accepting Innovative Teaching Fellowship applications from full-time, permanent teaching faculty at Saint Louis University who wish to teach in our innovative Learning Studio. The Fellowship provides for a course release to support course (re)design work prior to teaching in the Learning Studio, as well as instructional design assistance during the semester of teaching.
The current Call for Applications is for the following Fellowship period:
- Course Release Semester: Spring 2014
- Teaching Semester: Fall 2014
- Application deadline: Wednesday, October 2, by 5 p.m.
The application process has been revised significantly for the Fall 2014 Call for Applications. Please read this section carefully to understand what is required and use the updated application and Dean/Chair Support forms when applying for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship.
Faculty who wish to apply for a Fellowship must:
- Consult the Innovative Teaching Fellowship Guidelines prior to registering for a required Pre-Application Workshop and complete an application (see #4) with the requisite, signed Dean/Chair Support Form (see #5); to review the updated application guidelines, click here.
- Register for a required Pre-Application Workshop during the week of September 9-13 (see schedule below) to preview the Learning Studio, determine which proposed course would be a good fit for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship, and to begin the written application process prior to the required Pre-Submission Instructional Design Consultation.
- Sign up for a required Pre-Submission Consultation with Reinert Center Instructional Designers. This consultation is required before applying for the Fellowship. To sign-up for this consultation, you will need to register and attend the required Pre-Application Workshop mentioned in #2.
- Complete and submit the following application form: PDF or Microsoft Word file
- Obtain both Dean and Chair Support, using this approval form: Microsoft Word file
- Read the Instructional Design Team Statement of Practice to understand the relationship between faculty and instructional designers during the one-course, one-semester course release.
All application materials should be submitted electronically to Mary Cook, Office Administrator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to Pius Library, Suite 221, no later than 5 p.m. on the last day of the call, Wednesday, October 2, 2013.
Before applying for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship, potential applicants are required to attend one of the following Pre-Application Workshops in the Learning Studio the week of September 9-13 to see the space's furniture and technology, and to experience some of the instructional possibilities of the space. Please click on the following link to register for a required Pre-Application Workshop: Registration is required.
All of the following Pre-Application Workshop sessions are held in the Learning Studio, Des Peres Hall, Room 213:
- Monday, September 9, 2013 from 4-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 11, 2013 from Noon-1 p.m.
- Thursday, September 12, 2013 from Noon-1 p.m.
- Friday, September 13, 2013 from 3-4 p.m.
Questions about the Innovative Teaching Fellowship may be directed to Michaella Thornton by email at email@example.com or by phone at 314-977-1910.
This page was last updated on Thursday, August 22, 2013.