- Undergraduate Programs
- Admissions Requirements & Procedures
- What Can You Do With a Chemistry Major?
- Highlights of SLU Chemistry Degree Programs
- Degree Programs
- Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate Lab Assistantships
- Integrated Advising and Mentoring
- Procedures for Taking Summer Classes Away from SLU
- Graduate School Placement
- Professional Development Opportunities
Graduate School Placement
The undergraduate research experience is, arguably, the most important motivating factor that prompts students to pursue graduate studies in chemistry. The department has a tradition of placing undergraduates in such fine chemistry graduate programs, including UC Berkeley, Purdue, MIT, Illinois, Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc. In addition, a large number of Chemistry majors elect to go to professional schools in medicine , dentistry , or law.