- Center For Environmental Sciences
CES News and Events
- On April 1st, 2016 Kelley Belina of SLU's CES helped kick-off of the new "Cleaner, Greener Granite City Air Quality Program." Funded by an EPA grant award to the United Congregations of the Metro-East, the project features a new Ozone Garden located in Granite City, IL.
- January 2016: We are pleased to announce SLU's CES has received an EPA Environmental Education grant award! We will be partnering with the Missouri Botanical Garden to design teaching chambers for exposing plants to ozone indoors, and create related educational content. Look for more on this project throughout the year.
Kent Burkey, Jack Fishman, and Sam Ray inspect USDA-ARS research chambers that will be repurposed for education.
- On October 3, 2015 Dr. Fishman gave a presentation on global climate change and the Pope's encyclical to the Missouri Catholic Conference in Jefferson City, MO - Setting the Record Straight: The Truth about Global Climate Change.
- In June 2015, Dr. Fishman wrote an article for the Missouri Catholic Convention. Titled "Setting the Record Straight on Global Warming and Climate Change: A Personal Story", the article will appear in "The Messenger" and then be used by other Catholic publications in Missouri. It will be featured in the reporting on Pope Francis' recent Encyclical on Global Climate Change.
- Saint Louis University hosted the 9th NASA Air Quality Applied Science Team (AQAST) meeting, June 2-4, 2015.
Jack Fishman and Kelley Belina answer questions from the AQAST team at the Saint Louis Science Center Ozone Garden.