- Undergraduate Program
Students who minor in history must complete twenty-one hours of history courses, including fifteen hours of upper-division courses.
University Core Requirements and Prerequisites
- HIST 1110: Origins of the Modern World to 1600.
- HIST 1120: Origins of the Modern World since 1600.
- HIST 2800: The Historian's Craft
Upper Division Requirements
In addition to History 111 and 112, minors must complete twelve hours of upper-division History courses (200, 300, and 400 level) . These must include at least one course in three of the four following areas:
- U.S. history.
- Pre-1600 European history.
- Modern European history.
- Non-western history, including Asian, African, Middle Eastern, or Latin American.
At least one of these courses must be a 4000-level seminar. As part of their twelve hours, students may also undertake an approved historical internship in place of one upper-division course.