There are many special features of the German Studies program...
- Summer, semester and year-long study and internship opportunities abroad that count toward degree options, especially through our Affiliation Agreement with the University of Heidelberg and Heidelberg University
- Unter den Linden-- a German Learning Community, a unique opportunity to live in a German cultural setting, speak the language, and take advantage of the cultural and academic programs sponsored by the community
- German Immersion Weekend integrated into GR 210 and upper-division German Language courses
- Small upper-division classes (4 to 8 students) on such topics as German history, literature, and culture from their very beginnings to the present, Berlin, German film, medieval literature, women and gender studies.
- Easy access to the two full-time faculty members in German for advising with regard to opportunities abroad, stipends and scholarships
- The Language Learning Center with Internet access, international satellite reception, and a diverse film collection
- International Film Series each semester
- German-related events on campus