Department of Physics
College of Arts and Sciences
Saint Louis University
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: (314) 977-8699
Dr. Kuljanishvili's research interests include but are not limited to nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Quantum confinement and disorder in 2D systems, 1D wires and quantum dots (QD) devices. electronic and thermal transport in nanostructures, studies of defects and disorder in nanomaterials and devices
- Synthesis and characterization of novel nanoscale materials such as carbon nanotubes and graphene, for scalable device technologies and applications
- Scanning Probe Techniques; Scanning Capacitance Microscopy (SCM) and Spectroscopy, Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM) and Optical characterization techniques such as resonant Raman Spectroscopy and other local probe techniques
- SPM based lithography; Dip Pen Nanolithography, Nanoscale design, assembly and patterning techniques
Printed Archival Peer-Reviewed Journals Research Interests
- Walsh, K. A., Romanowich, M. E., Gasseller, M., Kuljanishvili, I., Ashoori, R., Tessmer, S. Scanning-probe Single-electronCapacitance Spectroscopy. Journal of Visualized Experiments, (77), e50676, DOI: 10.3791/50676 (2013).
- M. Minary, R. A. Bernal, I. Kuljanishvili, V. Parpoil, H. D. Espinosa, "Individual GaN Nanowires Exhibit Strong Piezoelectricityin 3D, NanoLett., 2012, 12 (2), pp 970-976. DOI: 10.1021/nl204043y
- I. Kuljanishvili, D. Dikin, S. Rozok, S. Mayle, V. Chandrasekhar, "Controllable patterning and CVD growth of isolated carbon nanotubes with direct parallel writing of catalyst using Dip Pen Nanolithography ", Small, Vol. 5, Issue 22, 2523, 2009, (Cover page article). DOI: 10.1002/smll.200900841
- S. H. Tessmer, I. Kuljanishvili, "Modeling single- and multiple-electron resonances for electric-field-sensitive scanning probe", Nanotechnology, 445503, (2008). DOI: 10.1088/0957-4484/19/44/445503
- S. H. Tessmer, I. Kuljanishvili, C. Piermarocchi, T. Kaplan, J. Harrison, "Nanometer-scale capacitance spectroscopy of semiconductor donor molecules", Physica B: Condensed Matter, 403 (19-20): pp. 3774-3780, 2008. DOI: 10.1016/j.physb.2008.07.003
- I. Kuljanishvili, C Kayis, S. H. Tessmer, C. Piermarocchi, T. Kaplan, L.N. Pfeiffer, K.W. West "Scanning probe spectroscopy of semiconductor donor molecules", Nature Physics 4, 227-233, 2008, also see Nature Physics News & Views article by M.Y. Simmons: "Probing dopants at atomic level", Nature Physics 4,165-166, 2008. DOI: 10.1038/nphys855
- S. H. Tessmer, I. Kuljanishvili, C. Piermarocchi, T. Kaplan, J. Harrison, "Scanning Charge Accumulation Probe of Semiconductor Donor Molecules", AIP Conference Proceedings, Workshop on Mesoscopic Physics, WNMP07, 130-134, 2008. DOI: 10.1063/1.2915582
- G. Gabrielse, P. Larochelle, D. Lesage, B. Levitt, W. S. Kolthammer, I. Kuljanishvili, R. McConnel, J. Wrubel, F.M Esser, H. Gluckler, D. Grzonka, G. Hansen, S. Martin, W. Oelert, J. Schillings, M. Schmitt, T. Sefzik, H. Soltner, Z. Zhang, D. Comeau, M.S. George, E. A. Hessels, C.H. Story, M. Weel, A. Speck, F. Nillius, J. Waltz, T.W. Hansch " Antiproton Confinement in a Penning Trap for Antihydrogen" , PRL, 98, 113002, 2007. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.98.113002
- I. Kuljanishvili, S. Chakraborty, I. J. Maasilta, S. H. Tessmer, and M. R. Melloch,"Modeling electric field sensitive scanning probe measurements for a tip of arbitrary shape," Ultramicroscopy. 102-1, 7-12, 2004. DOI: 10.1016/j.ultramic.2004.07.004
- I. J. Maasilta, S. Chakraborty, I. Kuljanishvili, S. H. Tessmer, and M. R. Melloch, "Imaging a Two-Dimensional Electron System in a Quantizing Magnetic Field," Phys. Rev. B. 68, 205328, 2003. DOI: 10.1016/S1386-9477(02)01072-X
- I. J. Maasilta, S. Chakraborty, I. Kuljanishvili, S. H. Tessmer, and M. R. Melloch, "Tunneling Images of a 2D Electron System in a Quantizing Magnetic Field," Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 18(1-3): pp.167-168, 2003. DOI: 10.1016/S1386-9477(02)01072-X
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
- S. E. Shafraniuk, I. Kuljanishvili, Electric Energy Generation By Arrays Of Carbon Nanotube Junctions, Paper #: HP-007 Proceedings of The 27th Army Science Conference, November 29 - December 2, 2010.