- Graduate Programs
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Why a SLU MA?
- Career Opportunities
- Who should apply?
- American Politics
- Public Policy
- International Affairs
- Gender and Politics
- Political Theory
- Capstone Project
- Cognate Field
- Master of Public Administration
- The Dual M.P.A./M.A. in Political Science Program
- Dual J.D./M.A. in Political Science
- Dual J.D./M.P.A
- Dual M.S.W./M.P.A
- Ph.D. in Public and Social Policy
- Global and Local Social Justice Minor
- How to apply
- Paying for graduate school
- Forms and Procedures
The Capstone Internship
The capstone internship involves work at a government office/agency, non-profit organization, or interest group under the guidance of an "in-house" preceptor and a department faculty director.
From this professional experience, students will write either a policy recommendation paper, a formal grant proposal, or a professional quality paper, as approved by the Director of Graduate Studies.
The oral exam will cover the internship itself as well as the writing project.