Psychological Services Center
We provide psychological evaluations for a variety of cognitive, educational, emotional, and behavioral difficulties for both children and adults. Some of the types of evaluations we provide include:
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Learning Difficulties/Disability
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- IQ and Giftedness
- Psychosocial Assessment
- Comprehensive Evaluation
What Does Psychological Evaluation Provide?
Psychological evaluations provide a structured, organized, and succinct description of an individual's current psychological functioning, including cognitive, behavioral, and emotional strengths and challenges. The evaluation includes a written report with recommendations for improvement or accommodations, where appropriate. We also provide you verbal feedback about the results so you have the opportunity to ask questions.
What Should I Expect?
Evaluations are tailored to the individual, but in general the process includes the following:
- Two to four appointments of a few hours each, although we can make scheduling accommodations for individuals who are out of state or have a lengthy commute to the PSC
- A clinical interview and then an assessment that includes a range of psychological tests depending on the specific nature of the presenting issues or referral questions
- An integrated report within three to four weeks of your final assessment session; this report includes findings and helpful and practical recommendations (including suggestions for accommodations)
- We may ask you to fill out forms ahead of time and/or bring school or medical records to the appointment.
Fees and Retainer
We charge on a sliding fee scale based on gross household annual income and the type of evaluation you are seeking. Fees for assessments vary according to the amount of time and expertise the assessment requires.
- IQ Only: $150
- Psychological Evaluation: $85 to $450
- LD/ADHD Evaluation: $150 to $800
- Neuropsychological Evaluation: $200 to $875
We require a $50 retainer for all assessments before we set an appointment.
Fees are provided during the intake before you begin the assessment.
The PSC is not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare. We do not bill for insurance but are happy to provide you a receipt to submit to your insurance carrier.