- Master's Programs
Master of Arts Degree Requirements
1. The program requires a minimum of 33 credit hours of graduate study.
2. All students must complete a minimum of 27 credit hours of course work.
3. All students are required to take 12 credit hours of core course work, 6 credit hours of practical course work, and a minimum of 9 credit hours of electives (15 credit hours if they elect to take the non-thesis option).
4. There are two options to complete the MA.
- Thesis (6 credit hours) and oral defense.
- Comprehensive Examination (requires 6 addition credit hours of electives).
5. Students must earn a "B" grade or better in all graduate courses taken to earn graduate credit in the program.
6. Students are expected to complete all course work within five years of admission. Students may petition the Graduate School for an extension.