- Expect to be here all day for Mohs surgery. The Mohs surgical procedure can be extensive, requiring multiple stages and complex repair.
- Please eat breakfast and bring your lunch and beverages with you. Take all your regular medications the day of surgery unless otherwise directed by your physician.
- Do not stop blood thinning medications unless directed by your surgeon. This includes Warfarin, Coumadin, aspirin, Plavix and Pradaxa.
- Please bring a list of your medications with you. If you have been prescribed antibiotics prior to surgery, please take them as instructed.
- You will need a driver if your surgical site is close to your eyes. Your visual field may be obstructed by a dressing, which can make driving unsafe.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing. To avoid pulling clothing over your surgical wound, we would prefer you wear a button-down shirt. If surgery will be performed on your face, please do not wear make-up.
- Bring reading material or other items to help pass the time. Internet access is available.
- Tylenol can be taken throughout your surgery and postoperative recovery.
The above pre-surgery instructions can also be downloaded to help you prepare for your Mohs surgical procedure at SLUCare.
If you have any questions, please contact SLUCare at (314) 256-3420 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.