Information for Current Students
1. equal access to programs, services, and activities at Saint Louis University
2. to not be discriminated against because of the presence of a disability
3. use of reasonable accommodations to ensure equal opportunity
4. select to whom information will be disclosed, except as permitted or required by law
The student is responsible for doing the following:
1. self-report his or her disability to Disability Services
2. provide necessary documentation
3. contact instructors to discuss how accommodations will be utilized in each course
4. follow necessary procedures to maintain and renew accommodations
5. adhere to policies within the Student Handbook
Saint Louis University provides support to students with temporary conditions to meet their needs on a case-by-case basis. Follow the procedures outlined on the Accommodations Process page for receiving temporary classroom support. Remember that Disability Services does not provide personal use devices, like crutches, wheelchairs, or other items needed for mobility. We also do not have transportation available for individual students.
If you disagree with and would like to appeal accommodations decisions, you are welcome to contact Disability Services to explore alternate options.
If you feel that reasonable accommodations have been denied, are dissatisfied with alternate service options, or believe that you have been discriminated against, you may contact the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity. More information about the procedure is available on their website.
You are welcome to contact Disability Services to discuss concerns and alternatives prior to taking this step.