- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Getting Started
- Compliance and FWA
- FAQ's and Tips
- Forms and Instructions
- General Guidelines
- Investigator Resources
- IRB Members
- Meeting Dates and Deadlines
- Quality Assurance Review (QAR)
- Scientific Review/PPC
- Training and Education
- Use of Central IRBs
- IRB Suggestion Form
- Contact IRB
Use of Central IRBs
Saint Louis University has established partnerships with the following central IRBs: NCI CIRB, Western IRB (WIRB)/Copernicus Group, Schulman Associates IRB (SAIRB) and Quorum Review IRB. WIRB and Copernicus Group IRB (CGIRB) united in 2013; thus, WIRB-CGIRB shared reviews are included in our reliance partnership.
Importantly, these are the only central IRBs that SLU researchers can use at this time. If you have a study that requires reliance on another IRB, please contact IRB Director, Melissa Fink at firstname.lastname@example.org or 977-9814.
** SLU authorization is required to use a Central IRB **
Can I use a Central IRB?
A clinical trial may be eligible for submission to a central IRB if it meets all of the following criteria*:
- Is an industry-sponsored, multi-center clinical trial
- Has already been pre-reviewed or approved by a partner central IRB (submitted by sponsor or another site)
- Procedures take place at an authorized site (SLU, SLU Hospital, and SSM sites)
- Is not an HUD
- SLU investigators do not hold the IND or IDE
- Study was not previously reviewed by SLU IRB
*NCI CIRB serves studies sponsored by the National Cancer Institute and is limited to SLU- and CIRB-approved Principal Investigators and CIRB-approved studies. The list of eligibility criteria does not apply to NCI CIRB.
What steps do I take to submit to a Central IRB?
Who should I contact if I have questions?
Questions about submission to the central IRBs: contact Emily Harrison at email@example.com or 314-977-7741 or contact the central IRBs directly (contact information on individual sub-pages).
Questions regarding whether SLU is willing to rely on another external IRB/central IRB: contact Melissa Fink, IRB Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-977-9814.