- Research Development and Services
- Animals, Human Subjects, and Biosafety
- Budget Preparation
- Contact Us
- Documents Commonly Needed
- Find Funding
- Grant Winner Reception
- Information Commonly Needed
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Resource Page
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Resource Page
- Resources & Quicklinks
- The ONE Series
- Use eRS - Electronic Research Services
Prepare a Budget
If you have any questions, please contact your Business Manager or ORDS representative.
Tips for using Budget Template
1. To calculate PI salary for 9-month contracts: Base Salary x Number of Months Work / 9 months
2. If the work period start and end dates do not coincide with the SLU fiscal year calendar (July 1 - June 30), please contact your Department Business Manager or ORDS representative for assistance.
3. ORDS recommends using the pre-populated formulas in the budget template cells to calculate costs. This will facilitate review of your project.