Saint Louis University’s School of Education is accredited locally and nationally
and meets certification standards in 13 areas as outlined in title II of the Higher
SLU’s School of Education is accredited by three agencies:
Title II of the Higher Education Act
Title II of the Higher Education Act evaluates the academic preparation of teachers
across grade levels and subjects. Saint Louis University’s Department of Education
certifies teachers in compliance with Title II of the Higher Education Act in the
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Elementary Education
- K-12 Mild Moderate Disabilities Special Education
In compliance with Title II of the Higher Education Act, the following information
is provided the public:
- During 2009-2010, ninety-seven percent (97%) of Saint Louis University's initial teacher
education program completers passed all required state certification tests. The statewide
pass rate that year for program completers was 97%.
- There were 131 students enrolled in Saint Louis University's program during 2009-10.
- The program requires an average of 350 hours of supervised practice teaching.
- During 2009-2010, Saint Louis University placed 52 student teachers, with a student
teacher to supervisor ratio of 3.25:1.