Engineering | Doctor of Philosophy Degree
|Contact Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
|Dir. of Graduate Programs: Riyadh Hindi, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Main Phone: (314) 977-8306
|Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering
Electrical & Computer Engineering
The Ph.D. program builds on the M.S. degree curriculum with additional course work focused on the research area. The Ph.D. in Engineering requires a total of 60 credits of course work beyond the B.S. degree. Ph.D. students are evaluated in three formal examinations.
Please review the following sections for more details on how to apply to the Engineering Ph.D program.
The Personal Potential Index (PPI) will be required to complete your application for admission. Visit SLU's page about the PPI evaluations and requirements or go to The ETS page to learn more about the PPI.
|Beginning Term||Application Deadline||Application Deadline (International)||Apply Online|
Required Application Materials
- Online Application
- Non-refundable application fee of $55
- Official GRE scores
- Official undergraduate or graduate transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Professional goals statement
- Evidence of English language proficiency (when native language is not English)
- Three (3) Personal Potential Index evaluations
Admission to the program will include consideration of the following:
- GRE quantitative score greater than 650* (old grading system) or greater than 150* (new grading system)
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Minimum scores for TOEFL PBT 550, TOEFL IBT 80, IELTS 6.5, when the student's native language is not English
*GRE score requirements may be waived for those students who have successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or who have three or more years of relevant industry experience.Required Additional Application Materials for International Students
- TOEFL or IELTS score
- Check our English Proficiency Policy page for specific TOEFL and IELTS score requirements. You may also visit our international prospects, applicants and students page for more information about international application requirements.
Before action can be taken on the assistantship application, the applicant must be regularly admitted to a graduate degree program.
In order to receive full consideration, all Parks Graduate Program Assistantship applications must be received by January 31 for consideration for the following Fall Semester.
All inquiries regarding graduate programs in engineering and aviation should be directed to the Graduate Program Director at the address listed above or 314‐977‐8306. Parks Grad Assistantship Form | SLU Graduate Education Assistantships | Student Financial Services
Several global challenges have emerged as opportunities for the engineering and aviation students of Saint Louis University to make a difference, to apply their education in a context that is technically brilliant, socially responsible, and uniquely enterprising, and to ultimately make our world a better, more inclusive place. | Parks Industry | Parks College Graduate Education Course Catalog