How to Reserve Space for a Meeting or an Event on Campus
*Before you begin the reservation process, please note that organizational meetings held by chartered student organizations do not require authorization signatures. All other student events require the approval of your adviser and the Division of Student Development.
Student Organizational Meeting requirements:
Download an organization student meeting form, or stop by the Events office to fill out a meeting request form. Once you fill out the entire form, drop it off at Events.
Once your meeting has been scheduled, then you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
Student Organizational Tabling requirements:
Download an organization tabling form, or stop by the Events office to fill out a tabling request form. Once you fill out the entire form, drop it off at Events with a copy of the certificate that signifies the Division of Student Development's approval of the event. This certificate must be attached to the tabling request form or your event will not be booked.
Once your tabling has been scheduled, then you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
Student Organizational Event requirements:
Download an organization student event form, or stop by the Events office to fill out an event request form. Once you fill out the entire form, drop it off at Events with a copy of the certificate that signifies the Division of Student Development's approval of the event. This certificate must be attached to the event request form or your event will not be booked.
After getting approval from all other service providers, an events representative will book your event. Once your event has been scheduled and approved, then you will receive an e-mail confirmation from an events representative. Events will strive to accommodate specific building/room requests. However, students need to read these e-mail confirmations carefully as requested buildings/rooms are not always available. In those cases, Events will place the event in a comparable space based upon your event needs.
You will work on all further event details with an events representative.
Reserve Space Early
These University services require the following advance notice.
- Grounds and Facilities - All requests due 10 business days prior to event date (includes requests for outdoor space reservations, tents, banner hanging, electric power, outdoor furniture, disabling irrigation)
- Public Safety - All requests due 5 business days prior to event date (includes requests for crowd control, building access, gallery security, events with alcohol)
- Room Set-ups - Final schematics due 7 business days notice prior to event (changes will not be accepted after this deadline)
- Audiovisual Equipment in Busch Student Center - All requests due 2 business days notice prior to event date
The following venues have specific guidelines. Please download the appropriate set of guidelines for your event, sign and return to your event specialist.
- Allied Health Multipurpose Room guidelines
- Boileau Hall guidelines
- Busch Student Center guidelines
- Center for Global Citizenship guidelines
- Il Monastero guidelines
- Pere Marquette Gallery guidelines
- Sinquefield State Room guidelines
- Outdoor guidelines
In addition to building-specific guidelines that may affect your event, the University has general rules and regulations that apply to all student activity on campus (regardless of venue). These regulations are dictated by the Office of Student Responsibility and Community Standards and can be found in the 2015-2016 Student Handbook.
- Do not assume receipt of the event request form equals confirmation. Your event is not confirmed until Events receives the completed form and notifies you of approval.
- Do not send out invitations, make fliers or programs, place rental orders or confirm catering until you have received confirmation from Events that your event is approved.
- Events reserves the right to cancel the reservation if it conflicts in any way with the general policy of the University regarding special events. Events also reserves the right to change reservations to other spaces with the understanding that, if possible, comparable facilities will be provided when the change is necessary.
- Client agrees to be responsible for any damages to University facilities and/or property or injury to other persons caused by persons using University facilities.
Give us a call at 314-977-MEET (6338) or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your next event.