Diamond in the Rough Competition
Are you a SLU student who owns a business?
Want free help growing your business and meeting its challenges?
Become a SLU Diamond in the Rough!
What Is DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH?
Diamond In the Rough is a new SLU program starting in the Fall of 2012 that identifies, supports and rewards the most promising student entrepreneurs at Saint Louis University. The original Diamond in the Rough was a program developed by Professor Fred Kiesner of Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. Diamond In the Rough was brought to St. Louis by local entrepreneur Tim Fogerty of Gateway EDI to support and develop practicing student entrepreneurs at SLU. SLU's Diamond In the Rough provides training, mentoring and support to freshmen and sophomore students who own and run their own businesses.
DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH Benefits
- Get helped - mentoring & training to help grow your business.
- Get access - VIP access to SLU Entrepreneurship activities.
- Get promoted - coverage for you and your business in SLU Entrepreneurship Programs, events and media, and promotion to the St. Louis community.
- Get referred - Fast track access to investors via the Billiken Angel Network.
- Get money - Each spring, one Diamond is selected to receive $5,000 to help grow their business while at SLU.
To Learn More About DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH Join Us at Our Fall Semester Launch - Tuesday, September 11, at 5 pm, Room 352, Davis-Shaughnessy Hall (map).
For additional information contact:
The Center for Entrepreneurship
John Cook School of Business
Saint Louis University
3674 Lindell Blvd.
St, Louis MO 63108
Diamond in the Rough at SLU thanks Fred Kiesner
from LMU-LA for sharing this great program idea with us.