- Construction Services
- Custodial Services
- Distribution Services
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Services
- Mail Services
- Sustainability & Benchmarking
- Transportation Services
Saint Louis University offers numerous options for traveling to and around campus. Below is a brief overview of transportation options available through SLU and external partners:
The Billiken Shuttle Service provides transportation around campus in a safe and time-efficient way. The service is available for faculty, staff, students and SLU visitors.
Shuttle routes during the academic year:
- Grand Shuttle: from Busch Student Center to Salus Center
- Billiken Loop: loops around Laclede Avenue and Lindell Boulevard
- Scott Hall Shuttle: from the Busch Student Center to Scott Hall to Salus Center and back to Busch Student Center
- Parks CAS Shuttle: provides van transportation services to and from SLU and the Parks Center for Aviation Sciences in Cahokia, Ill.
Shuttles are clearly marked with SLU graphics. For the complete SLU shuttle schedule and routes, visit the shuttle page.
All SLU RIDE vehicles are clearly marked as University vehicles.
- Billiken shuttles do not operate.
- SLU RIDE program offers on-demand van transportation:
- to various locations on campus
- designated scheduled morning & evening stops at the MetroLink stop on Grand
- SLU RIDE program is available to provide escorts around campus when the shuttle is not running, especially after dark.
- Depending on availability & destination: a van, golf cart or walking escort will be provided for those individuals.
To arrange an escort, call (314) 977-RIDE (7433) or visit the SLU Ride page.
Of course, many faculty and staff will continue to drive to campus, and there are plenty of available parking options on campus. Costs vary by location. For more detailed information regarding parking permits and where to park, call parking and card services at (314) 977-2957 or visit the parking and card services' page.
SLU also has partnered with a number of organizations to provide transportation services to the SLU community. Below is a brief overview of those options and links to our external partners' Web sites:
Trailnet provides biking, hiking, walking and conservation events and community education to diverse groups of people looking to lead healthier and more active lives. Hallmark programs include the Bicycle Fun Club, Safe Routes to School and Eagle Days at the Old Chain of Rocks Bridge.
RideFinders is a St. Louis regional rideshare program that provides people with the resources and connections to carpool. RideFinders provides a free ride matching service to help commuters carpool to work. Register through their online program to find a match or add members to your already existing carpool.
RideFinders' Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) Program guarantees peace of mind for registered carpool participants by providing up to four free taxi rides a year if riders have to work late or leave early for an emergency. Please note that there are distance restrictions, and be sure to ask about them. Learn more >>
- GRH vouchers are only available at the Parking and Card Services office in DuBourg Hall, Room 33.
For more information on RideFinders, visit www.ridefinders.org or call 1-800-VIP-RIDE (800-847-7433).
Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT), leads advocacy efforts to expand light rail as the critical component of an integrated, affordable, and convenient public transportation system that will enable economic growth to improve quality of life in the St. Louis region. Learn More »
CMT also provides a Guaranteed Ride Home for their members. Learn More >>
Metro operates the St. Louis metropolitan region's public transportation system and includes MetroBus (public bus system), MetroLink (light rail system), and Metro Call-A-Ride (alternative mode of flexible passenger transportation that does not follow fixed routes or schedules).
Metro Discounted Passes
In 2006, SLU launched a new program to help University employees save on the cost of monthly transit passes from Metro.
- Full-time employees can purchase the passes on a pre-tax basis through payroll deduction through Metro's "Partial Expense Reduction for Commuters Transit Benefit Program," or PERC.
- Sign up for the passes at one of the SLU Parking and Card Services office locations.
- Full-time student semester passes are also available for purchase at parking and card services at a discounted student rate.
Metro Transportation Options
The closest MetroLink station is located on Grand Boulevard between Chouteau Avenue and Highway 40/Interstate 64. For schedule and information about this station please visit metro's page.
- The Grand Shuttle offers connections between the Grand station and campus locations
- MetroBus can be used to arrive on campus from the station
- Bus No. 13: stop northbound at Grand Boulevard and Laclede Avenue
- Bus No. 70: stop southbound near the School of Medicine and SLU Hospital
Confused on how to get from home to SLU using Metro?