Reports & Awards– Track our progress
- SLU's Campus Sustainability Annual Report
- AASHE STARS Report
- RCGA Green Business Challenge
- SEI Green Report Card (being phased out)
- SLUstainability Wall of Fame
In collaboration with the Center for Sustinability, Facilities Services is releasing the first annual Campus Sustainablity Report. To download the full copy, click Here.
Saint Louis University was a Charter Participant in the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education's (AASHE) Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Reporting System (STARS).
Saint Louis University joined the RCGA's St. Louis Green Business Challenge as an inaugural member in January of 2010. The challenge was designed to encourage member institutions to adopt sustainable business practices that improve energy efficiency and indoor air quality, reduce waste and water consumption, as well as increase clean transportation options. This year Facilities Services' efforts increased SLU's score by 49 points!
The Green Report Card by the Sustainable Endowments Institute is designed to identify colleges and universities that are leading by example in their commitment to sustainability. The aim is to provide accessible information for schools to learn from one another's experiences, enabling them to establish more effective sustainability policies.
This year the Green Report Card is on hold and will continue to work towards incorporating and collaborating with other sustainability tracking and survey systems, like STARS, to improve upon their structure.
Although Saint Louis University Facilities Services continues to take steps to ensure campus sustainability ,some accomplishments have already been recognized. Stop by and take a look at our accolades ̶ currently located at Facilities Services on the 2nd floor in Litteken Hall.
On the wall:
- St. Louis Regional Chamber & Growth Association award of achievement for participation in the Green Business Challenge (2010 & 2011)
- Green Ideas Achievement Award for Compton/Olive & Laclede parking garages lighting retrofit
- PatCraft carpet recognizes Saint Louis University for its commitment to sustainability through the installation of EcoWorx "cradle-to-cradle" certified carpet throughout campus.
- Recognized by Ameren UE for our dedication to "Learning outside the classroom" through our participation in the Village Electric Competition-January, 2011.
- Commemoration of the launch of Single Stream recycling with Waste Management in July, 2009.
- Innovative Facilities Solutions - Environmental Stewardship Award for the lighting upgrades performed in the Hickory garage-April, 2010.
- RecycleMania 2011 - Excellence Award for Leadership
- Buyers Industrial Group, LLC. Recognition for installation of Vending Miser in June, 2010)
- Midwest Recycling Company partnership acknowledgement for our ongoing commitment to diverting waste and keeping hazardous components from landfills through the recycling of electronics, light bulbs and ballasts, appliances, along with all other e-waste and universal waste.
- Green Sustainability Award - recognized by Murphy Construction in partnership with Laclede Gas for reducing energy consumption by 1,813,580,211 BTU through boiler tune-ups and gas energy audits on North campus (reduction is equivalent to planting 4,421 trees or reducing carbon footprint by 212,188 lbs CO2)
- Sustainability Award (2012) - BioLogix acknowledged Saint Louis University for utilizing sustainable technologies to eliminate environmental wastes through bio-augmentation
- Recognized by Murphy Construction in partnership with Laclede Gas - Green Sustainability Award for installation of energy saving Vent Stack Dampers on boilers throughout North campus (equivalent to planting 1,163 trees or reducing carbon footprint by 55,824 lbs CO2)