"Recycling Stewardship Competition"
The second annual Adopt-a-Spot competition runs from February 17th through March 7th.
For a recap and results for the 2014 competition click here
New this year:
Chartwell's will be hosting their own Adopt-A-Spot competition at the following 15 locations across campus.
|Argo Tea||Ameren Cafe||Caffee|
|Au Bon Pain||Salsaritas||The Bean|
|Grand Market||Education Union Cafe||Salus|
Show your support for your favorite and/or most visited dining facility by recycling everything that is recyclable. Help your favorite dining facility staff win the competition.
Student Groups and Department Participation:
Student organized groups and campus departments are able to show their support for recycling by adopting a location on campus and encouraging recycling in this location. This year, there are two student groups who have chosen to compete in the competition thus far.
|SLU Democrats||Mailroom in Busch Student Center|
|Biology Department||Macelwane Hall|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Adopt-A-Spot?
It is a friendly competition to raise awareness and participation in the recycling program on campus. By selecting an area for adoption you and/or your group become "recycling stewards" and can lead others to recycle by helping others:
1) Know that they can recycle
2) Know what they can recycle
3) Have easy access to recycling
- How is this competition judged?
- What does being a "recycling steward" entail?
By being a "recycling steward you are committed in your locations to:
1) Monitor the availability and condition of recycling bins
2) Design and maintain signage about recycling
3) Promote a culture of awareness, understanding and positive peer pressure about recycling
- What happened during last year's competition?
For information and photographs of last year's competition go to Adopt-A-Spot 2013.
- Who do I contact with questions?
You can contact the Green Billiken if you have additional questions.