- Campus Operations
- Center for Sustainability
- SLUstainability Week 2014 Thank You
- Greening the Game 2014
- Battle for the Boot
- U News - Sustainability Week at SLU
- Arbor Day 2012
- RecycleMania 2012
- Sustainability Week
- Waste & Recycling FY12
- SLU Celebrates Earth Day 2012
- Recycling & Waste Expenses
- Garage Lighting Upgrade
- LED Christmas Lights
- MCC Lighting Upgrade
- Village Meter Competition
- Water Tower Inn
- Universitas - Spring 2012
- Green Cleaning Seminar
- No Idling Initiative
- U News - Water Bottle Article
- President's October Message
- 2012 Electronics Recycling Drive
Greening the Game 2014
Greening the Game: Recap & Thank You
Thank you to all the "green ambassador" volunteers that made the first ever "Greening the Game" a huge success on February 22, 2014. We had over 30 volunteers from the SLU community that engaged the fans about the recycling refresh program at Chaifetz Arena. Since the inception of the program, in November 2013, over 7 tons of recyclable material has been diverted from the landfill. To find out more about how the program is doing thus far click here. "Greening the Game" was also featured in a news segment on KMOX radio.
Some of the highlights of the event included:
- Pre-game "Green Billiken Party Zone" that promoted locally sustainable food and beverage providers
- During timeouts the ambassadors went into the arena and collected recycling from the fans.
- For the first time, fans were encouraged to bring gentle worn shoes to donate for the annual Battle of the Boot Competition to be donated to the Shoe-man Water Projects.
Due to the efforts of our green ambassadors, SLU and Chaifetz Arena were able to divert 21% of waste from the landfill from 9,231 attendees during that single game. That equals 1,400 Lbs of recyclables or 1,019 basketballs that would have otherwise went to the landfill.
"Greening the Game" was part of the annual RecycleMania competition, a friendly nationwide competition
between colleges and universities to raise awareness about their recycling programs.
We also want to give a special thanks to our partners Global Spectrum, Sodexo, Athletics and Facilities
Services in making this event successful.
Thank you to BigBelly Solar and Sodexo for sponsoring the Green Ambassador t-shirts.
To see more pictures of the event, like our page on facebook or search #greenbilliken.