Faculty Affairs & Professional Development
Our Mission Statement:
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development is dedicated to facilitating the career success and academic advancement of the faculty of Saint Louis University School of Medicine, to promote an environment where we recruit and retain a diverse faculty of talented educators, clinicians, researchers, and those committed to the service of others.
Goals and primary functions:
- Partner with the Faculty Affairs Committee and Faculty Senate to review and develop policies which impact faculty at the School of Medicine
- Communicate key issues/policies impacting faculty at the School of Medicine
- Facilitate recruitment of diverse talent
- Partner with the Office of Multicultural Affairs in efforts to optimize diversity of background and expertise at the School of Medicine
- Oversee New Faculty Orientation
- Provide opportunities at the School of Medicine for faculty to enhance their repertoire of skills with a focus on career enhancement, leadership skill development, mentoring and work life balance
- Oversee issues related to the faculty review process - annual review, promotion, career counseling and career development.
Saint Louis University School of Medicine is focused on the Jesuit traditions of compassion, conscience, commitment, competence, and community.