- SLU 101 - Summer Orientation
- SLU 101 Program Dates & Registration
- SLU 101 Language Skills Assessments
- SLU 101 Parent & Family Program
- SLU 101 FAQ
- SLU 101 Sample Student Schedule
- SLU 101 Sample Guest Schedule
- SLU 101 Guest Accommodations
- Meet the 2014 SLU101 Leaders
- SLU 101 Program Outcomes
SLU 101 Language Skills Online Assessment
An online skills assessment is mandatory for all students planning to continue in a language they have previously studied.
The foreign language skills assessment is an online computer proficiency assessment. The assessment is available in Chinese, French, German, and Spanish*. You may take the test in more than one language and up to two times per language. Your most recent score will be the one used by your Academic Advisor when suggesting course recommendations. You must complete this assessment 1 week prior to attending SLU 101.
Keep in mind that the computer assessment does not fully measure your actual competency. The final placement recommendation may be higher or lower than the score obtained on the computer results.
To take the online assessment, please follow the instructions below:
- Choose a Skills Assessment Link from the following options:
Chinese Skills Assessment
French Skills Assessment
German Skills Assessment
Spanish Skills Assessment
- Enter your personal information and SLU e-mail address
- The password to begin the test is 220N
- Select "Not Enrolled" for Current Class at SLU
- Print two copies of the results so that you may share them with your academic advisor
If you have questions or need more information, please visit our frequently asked questions page. If you still have questions, please contact the Department of Modern and Classical Languages at email@example.com. You can also speak with a language faculty member during your SLU 101 visit at the International Cafe.
*If you wish to test in a language that is not listed, please contact the Department of Modern and Classical Languages at firstname.lastname@example.org.