NOTICE: BEGINNING IN DECEMBER, 2017 THE COMPLIANCE OFFICE WILL BE PUBLISHING THE NEWSLETTER ON A QUARTERLY BASIS. LOOK FOR THE NEXT NEWSLETTER IN YOUR INBOX IN DECEMBER.
- January 2017 - International Agreements, Medical Decision Making, Medical Necessity and the Electronic Medical Record
- February 2017 - The Role of Clinical Documentation in the Physician Practice
- March 2017 - IRB Self-Assessment Checklist, Causal Relationships, Effective Communication Is Paramount for Accurate Billing
- April 2017 - The New Way to Code for Moderate Sedation, HIPAA Paid Out of Pocket Restrictions, Teaching Physician Documentation FAQ, Foreign Travel Reminder.
- May 2017 - Personal History of Cancer-When Does it Start, Who's in the Dog House, A Patient's Rght to Amend PHI, Time Study Reporting Guidance
- June 2017 - International Travel Laptop Rule Change, Non-Physician Practitioner Services, Cuba Sanctions Update,
- July 2017 - Annual Compliance Update 2017, Revisions to Federal Human Subjects Research Regulations Uncertain, Coding Corner.
- August 2017 - New FDA Guidance for Informed Consent Waivers, ACU2017 Deadline, Back to Basics of Documentation
- September 2017 - The Complexities of Complying with OFAC Sanctions, Coding Corner, and a fun article about fake ICD-10 codes.
- January 2016 - OIG Work Plan/FAA Site Visit
- February 2016 - International Travel Update/Privacy Monitoring Update - FairWarning
- March 2016 - Changes to the Research Team/Medical Documentation
- April 2016 - Information Security Changes for International Travel/Protecting Data Used in Research
- May 2016 - Documenting and Reporting for Assistants at Surgery
- June 2016 - Dangers in Down Coding and SLU Launches New Secure Research Environment
- July 2016 - ICD-10 Coding Tips, Wound Care Documentation and FairWaring
- October 2016 - Export Control Update, Physician Billing Copy and Paste
- November 2016- Comprehensive Error Testing Rate Audit Findings, Clinical Trial Reporting
- December 2016- GCP Training Requirements on NIH Awards; Preparing for 2017