Learn more about the Certificate in Geographic Information Science at the Center for Sustainability website.
All application materials must be sent directly to Graduate Admissions office.
Requirements for Admission
- Application Form and Fee:
- Official Transcripts:
- Must be received in a sealed envelope
- Transcripts in a foreign language must include certified English translation in addition to the original document
- Bachelor's degree in physical or social sciences, or humanities
- Minimum undergraduate GPA must be 3.0 or higher
- Letter of Recommendation
- One (1) letter with a signature is required
- Professional Goal Statement
- Include your GIS experiences
- May include your undergraduate- and graduate-level coursework in GIS, remote sensing and/or spatial statistics
- Career plans
- Approximately 500 words, double-spaced
- Name on each page
- Résumé: Academic, professional and volunteer information
- Additional Application Requirements for International Students
Applicants are highly encouraged to self-manage their application files. This means that the transcripts and recommendations will be accepted from the applicant provided they arrive at the Graduate Admission office in their original, sealed envelopes. Recommendations should have the recommenders' signatures across the seals. Upon completion, the entire application packet should be mailed to the Graduate Education Admission office. International students should submit completed applications by October 1 for admission consideration for the spring term, or May 1 for fall term.