Saint Louis University Graduate News, Announcements
|University News Links|
Graduate Programs Score in U.S. News & World Report Rankings
Saint Louis University programs have earned high honors in the new U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Rankings, including the No. 1 program in health law in the nation for the 11th year.
In the magazine's 2016 edition of "Best Graduate Schools," a total of 13 SLU programs were ranked in the top 100, including five top-25 programs. The College for Public Health and Social Justice, the School of Business, the School of Law and the School of Medicine all made gains this year.
>> Read more
- Karen D. Corrigan, a Ph.D. candidate in Medical Family Therapy, will defend her dissertation, "What Does It Mean to Be Married? Experiences of Legally Married Lesbian Couples," on September 30, 2015 at 200 P.M. in Room 1123 of Morrissey Hall.
- Ann Romine, a Ph.D. candidate in History, will defend her dissertation, "Saving Chivalry: Philippe de Mézières, Fourteenth-Century Crusaders, and the Order of the Passion," on September 30, 2015 at 3:00 P.M. in Room 142 of Adorjan Hall.
- Tiffany G. Nowell, a Ph.D. candidate in Clinical Psychology, will defend her dissertation, "Traumatic Life Events and Their Relationship with Body Modification: The Meaning Underlying Purposeful Appearance-Related Changes," on October 6, 2015 at 1:00 P.M. in Room 2742 of Morrissey Hall.
- Debra Cochran, a Ph.D. candidate in English, will defend her dissertation, "Imagining Boundaries, Visualizing Place: Positioning Narrative Space in Mark Twain's Following the Equator," on November 13, 2015 at 3:00 P.M. Contact the Department of English at 977-3010 or 977-3016 for the location.
As SLU's chief academic officer, Dr. Brickhouse will report directly to the president and will oversee most of the University's educational, research and enrollment efforts.
Also . . .
- Office of Graduate Education Announces 2015-16 Fellowship Recipients
- An Announcement about the Leadership of the School of Medicine and SLUCare
- Nursing Dean to Advise Congress, Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Saint Louis University Names New Dean of College for Public Health and Social Justice
- Saint Louis University Appoints Nancy Brickhouse, Ph.D., as Provost
- College of Arts and Sciences Announces Next Dean
The school has a long history of preparing the students who go on to be teachers and administrators while continuing to advance their skills to meet the changing needs of the schools and students they will serve.
Also . . .
- School of Law Partners with Quincy University for 3+3 Program
- Partnerships Will Bring New International Students To SLU
- New Graduate Program to Train Health Care Data Scientists
- Inaugural Participants of Billiken Teacher Corps Kick Off the Program
- New Visit Center Opens in Queen's Daughters Hall
- SLU and SSM Celebrate Historic Agreement
- Center for Health Care Ethics Announces Joint Ph.D. Program
- 15 years at the forefront of biosecurity education
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)