Saint Louis University Graduate News, Announcements
|University News Links|
University Inaugurates First Lay President in its Nearly 200-Year History
It was a historic day for Saint Louis University on Oct. 3, as nearly 2,500 people came together in Chaifetz Arena to celebrate the inauguration of SLU's new president Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D.
A Roman Catholic and Jesuit educated, Pestello is the first permanent lay leader in the University's 196-year history — a fact that was not lost on many of the speakers at Friday's event.
>> Read more
• Dr. Fred P. Pestello Named President of Saint Louis University
• A letter from President-elect Pestello
• Thank you, Father Biondi
• Sept. 30, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Oct. 1, 2013: Letter from Presidential Search Chair
• Oct. 29, 2013: Presidential Search Update
Dissertation DefensesThe schedule will be updated throughout the term.
- Cynthia Matlock a PhD candidate in Curriculum and Instruction will be defending her dissertation, "Exploring the Dynamics of Becoming a Professional: A Student Perspective," on November 19, 2014 at 10:30 am in Fitzgerald Hall 218.
- Lonetta Oliver a PhD candidate in English will be defending her dissertation, The Neo-Slave Narrative as Emerging Genre, on November 21, 2014 at 12:10 pm in DuBourg Hall 305.
- Debra Rybski a PhD candidate in Curriculum and Instruction will be defending her dissertation, "Predictors of Social Skills and Problem Behaviors in low-income Urban Preschool Children: Sensory Processing, Parenting sense of competence, and Housing Variables," on November 24, 2014 at 1:30 pm in Fitzgerald Hall 218.
- Cynthia Steutermann a PhD candidate in Higher Education Administration will be defending her dissertation, "An Examination of a Midwestern AACSB Accredited Business School: Does Cultural Orientation Influence Student Academic Misconduct," on November 25, 2014 at 10 am in Fitzgerald Hall 218.
- Victoria Queen a PhD in Higher Education Administration will be defending her dissertation, "Practical Andragogy: Considering the Instructional Perspectives of Hospitality Educators," on December 4, 2014 at 10 am in Fitzgerald Hall 218.
- Ashley Wallace a PhD candidate in Higher Education Administration will be defending her dissertation, "What is Impact of College Skills Enrollment on the Academic Achievement of Nontraditional Community College Students?" on December 4, 2014 at 1 pm in Fitzgerald Hall 124.
The Saint Louis University Board of Trustees has elected Board member Joseph ("Joe") Conran to be its next chairman, effective at the December Board meeting. At that time, current Chairman Joe Adorjan will become Chairman Emeritus and will remain on the Board. Patrick Sly will continue to serve as Vice Chairman of the Board.
Also . . .
- Provost search committee website launched
- Graduate Education Announces 2014-2015 Fellowship Recipients
- Langan Appointed an Associate Dean of Nursing
Also . . .
- Center for Sustainability to Offer Graduate Assistantships
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Master’s Program Announced
- American Journal of Botany Highlights Biology Faculty Research
- Parks College IEEE Hosts Second Annual BillikenBots
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)