Saint Louis University Graduate News, Announcements
|University News Links|
University Inaugurates First Lay President in its Nearly 200-Year History
It was a historic day for Saint Louis University on Oct. 3, as nearly 2,500 people came together in Chaifetz Arena to celebrate the inauguration of SLU's new president Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D.
A Roman Catholic and Jesuit educated, Pestello is the first permanent lay leader in the University's 196-year history — a fact that was not lost on many of the speakers at Friday's event.
>> Read more
• Dr. Fred P. Pestello Named President of Saint Louis University
• A letter from President-elect Pestello
• Thank you, Father Biondi
• Sept. 30, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Oct. 1, 2013: Letter from Presidential Search Chair
• Oct. 29, 2013: Presidential Search Update
Dissertation DefensesThe schedule will be updated throughout the term.
- Birgitta Sujdak Mackiewicz, a Ph.D. candidate in Health Care Ethics, will defend her dissertation, "Ethics Committees in Catholic Health Care: Normative Foundations, Proposed Goals and Integration," on Wednesday, February 25 at 10:00 a.m. in room 1412D of Salus Center.
- Colleen Barbero, a Ph.D. candidate in Public Policy Analysis, will defend her dissertation, "Lose the Smoke, Keep the Sale: Impact of Comprehensive Smokefree Air Policies on Municipal Bar and Restaurant Taxable Sales in St. Louis County, Missouri" on Thursday, February 26, 2015, at 2:00 p.m. in Room 144 in McGannon Hall.
- Ryan Meyer, a Ph.D. candidate in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, will defend his dissertation, "Predicting Intentions to Apply to a Startup Company," on Friday, February 27, 2015 at 9 a.m. in Room 2718 of Morrissey Hall.
- Michael J. Pahls, a Ph.D. candidate in Historical Theology, will defend his dissertation, "School of the Prophets: John Henry Newman's Anglican Schola and the Ecclesial Vocation of the Theologian," on Friday, February 27, 2015 at 10 a.m. in Il Monastero Sanctuary.
The Saint Louis University Board of Trustees has elected Board member Joseph ("Joe") Conran to be its next chairman, effective at the December Board meeting. At that time, current Chairman Joe Adorjan will become Chairman Emeritus and will remain on the Board. Patrick Sly will continue to serve as Vice Chairman of the Board.
Also . . .
- Athletic Training Students Complete Full-Year Clinical with St. Louis Rams
- Parks Professor Receives Prestigious National Science Foundation Award
- College of Arts and Sciences Announces Next Dean
- Public Health Doctoral Student Wins Levy Award
- Provost search committee website launched
- Graduate Education Announces 2014-2015 Fellowship Recipients
- Langan Appointed an Associate Dean of Nursing
Also . . .
- Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy to Host Courses at SLU
- Department of Biomedical Engineering Acquires New Equipment
- Sigma Xi Calls for Abstracts for Research Symposium
- University Hosts Martin Luther King Jr. Annual Tribute
- University Launches New Faith and Justice Collaborative
- Center for Sustainability to Fund Research, Community Projects
- Center for Sustainability to Offer Graduate Assistantships
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Master’s Program Announced
- American Journal of Botany Highlights Biology Faculty Research
- Parks College IEEE Hosts Second Annual BillikenBots
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)