Saint Louis University Graduate News, Announcements
|University News Links|
Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D., named President of Saint Louis University
Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D., has been named president of Saint Louis University. The University's Board of Trustees elected Dr. Pestello during a special meeting Thursday night. He is the first permanent lay president in SLU's 196-year history.
"I am humbled and honored to follow in the footsteps of the Jesuit presidents who have come before me, and I am deeply committed to carrying on the mission they have fostered so well," Dr. Pestello said. "I have been watching Saint Louis University's progress for years, and I am thrilled for this opportunity to lead an institution that I admire and respect so much." | Read more
• A letter from President-elect Pestello
• Thank you, Father Biondi
• Sept. 30, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Oct. 1, 2013: Letter from Presidential Search Chair
• Oct. 29, 2013: Presidential Search Update
Dissertation DefensesThe schedule will be updated throughout the term.
- Jonathan Lux, a Ph.D. candidate in English, will defend his dissertation, "Spelling the Dragon: Inventing China in Early Modern England.", on September 8, 2014 at 1:00pm, in Adorjan Hall, Room 142.
The Honorable Michael Wolff Selected as Dean of School of Law
A current SLU LAW faculty member, Wolff brings an established record of leadership to his new role, having served 13 years on the Missouri Supreme Court and as its Chief Justice from 2005-2007.
Also . . .
- Doctoral Student Earns Distinctive Fellowship
- Reinert Center Names New Faculty Fellows for 2014-2015
- Theology's Hellmann to deliver spring's Last Lecture
- Father Biondi receives 2013 Mayor's Award
- MIRT Receives Gift from Siemens Medical Solutions
- Center for Global Citizenship Names New Program Manager
- SLU Administrator Selected for Exclusive Fulbright Seminar
- Research Yields Surprising Results on America's Income Gap
- OT Faculty, Students Participate in Global Day of Service
- Clinical Laboratory Science's Randolph Given Two Awards
- Seale Awarded Grant to Study Baby Boomers
- Faculty Senate Honors Two Professors
- Parks College Names Distinguished Professor of Aeroelasticity
- Annual Grantwinner Reception Honors SLU Researchers
- Graduate Fellowships Recipients Announced
- Parks Professor Named Royal Aeronautical Society Fellow
- Graduate Education Announces Scholarship Recipients
- Doisy Names New Interim Associate Dean for Research
- Thanavaro Appointed Associate Nursing Dean
- New Director Named for Center for Sustainability
- New Director Named for Organizational Informatics Grad Program
- Thomas Madden, Ph.D., Named Fellow of Medieval Academy of America
- SLU Administrator Named Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar Awardee
- SLU’s First Endowed Chair in Public Health Honors James Kimmey
Center for Global Citizenship: Making a World of Difference
As Saint Louis University's international reputation grows, so has the global presence on its St. Louis campus. This May, the University opened its $8 million Center for Global Citizenship, located in the newly renovated West Pine Gym.
Also . . .
- $1 Million AT&T Contribution to Support Global Education Initiatives
- Molecular Imaging and Therapeutics Graduates First Student
- Graduate Education Hosts Second Annual 'Program G.R.A.D.'
- New Exhibition on Medieval Law opens in Vatican Film Library
- PLR Symposium Packs SLU LAW
- University Libraries Digitizes 19th-Century Prefect Diaries
- Vatican Film Library Releases Latest Issue of 'Manuscripta'
- Athletic Training Opens Study Abroad Program in Madrid
- Critical Thinking Assignments Broaden Student Perspectives
- SLU Creates College for Public Health and Social Justice
- Ten New Graduate Tuition Scholarships Available
- University Marks International Milestone in Aviation
- New Acquisition in the Vatican Film Library
- University Opens New Center for Workforce & Organizational Development
- Billiken BEAMS Competition Builds Bridges
- Reinert Center Celebrates New Name, Important Milestone
- Law School Building Project Receives $250,000 Gift
- SLU Plans Historic Move of Law School to Downtown
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)