Saint Louis University Graduate News, Announcements
|University News Links|
University Inaugurates First Lay President in its Nearly 200-Year History
It was a historic day for Saint Louis University on Oct. 3, as nearly 2,500 people came together in Chaifetz Arena to celebrate the inauguration of SLU's new president Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D.
A Roman Catholic and Jesuit educated, Pestello is the first permanent lay leader in the University's history — a fact that was not lost on many of the speakers at Friday's event.
>> Read more
• Dr. Fred P. Pestello Named President of Saint Louis University
• A letter from President-elect Pestello
• Thank you, Father Biondi
• Sept. 30, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Oct. 1, 2013: Letter from Presidential Search Chair
- Elsedikk Abdelkader, a Ph.D. candidate in Chemistry, will defend his dissertation, "Synthesis and Characterization of Reactive Nanoparticles Using Electrical Explosion of Wires and Reverse Micelles," on July 29, 2015 at 1:00 P.M. in Room 342 of Macelwane Hall.
- Darren Garbuz, a Ph.D. candidate in Mathematics, will defend his dissertation, "Decomposing Gluing Maps for Heegaard Diagrams in Terms of Lickorish Generators," on July 29, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. in Room 1030 of McDonnell-Douglas Hall.
- Ismaila Emahi, a Ph.D. candidate in Chemistry, will defend his dissertation, "Identification of DNA Aptamers for Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (PQQ) and Electrochemical Characterization of DNA Aptamer-Redox Cofactor Complexes," on July 31, 2015 at 1:00 P.M. in Room 17 of Shannon Hall.
- Allison Maurer, a Ph.D. candidate in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, will defend her dissertation, "High-Quality Resumes as a Reflection of a High-Quality Job Search Process: The Role of Self-Regulation," on July 31, 2015 at 10:30 A.M. in Room 2406 of Morrissey Hall.
- Laura A. Shields, a Ph.D. candidate in American Studies, will defend her dissertation, "Fighting for Animals' Rights: A U. S. History, 1900-1996" on August 3, 2015 at 11:00 A.M. in Room 142 of Adorjan Hall.
- Nicole Haggard, a Ph.D. candidate in American Studies, will defend her dissertation, "Race, Sex, and Hollywood: The Illicit Representation of the Black Man-White Woman Pair in American Cinema" on August 7, 2015 at 1:00 P.M. in Room 142 of Adorjan Hall.
- Robert D. Adams, a Ph.D. candidate in Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, will defend his dissertation, "Electrical Stimulation for Improving Neurite Growth," on August 12, 2015 at 3:00 P.M. in Lecture Hall 3 of Schwitalla Hall.
- Jason Reed, a Ph. D. candidate in Philosophy, will defend his dissertation, "Realistic Particularism and Accidental Unities: Towards a Theory of Persistence" on August 12, 2015 at 11:00 A.M. in Room 343 of Adorjan Hall.
- Joseph J. Reidy, a Ph.D. candidate in Medieval History, will defend his dissertation, "An Alternative History of the Church: A Study of the Lost Arian History" on August 19, 2015 at 2:00 P.M. in Room 142 of Adorjan Hall.
The Saint Louis University Board of Trustees has elected Board member Joseph ("Joe") Conran to be its next chairman, effective at the December Board meeting. At that time, current Chairman Joe Adorjan will become Chairman Emeritus and will remain on the Board. Patrick Sly will continue to serve as Vice Chairman of the Board.
Also . . .
- Nursing Dean to Advise Congress, Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Saint Louis University Names New Dean of College for Public Health and Social Justice
- Committee Formed for Assistant to the President for Mission and Identity Search
- Saint Louis University Appoints Nancy Brickhouse, Ph.D., as Provost
- Athletic Training Students Complete Full-Year Clinical with St. Louis Rams
- Parks Professor Receives Prestigious National Science Foundation Award
- College of Arts and Sciences Announces Next Dean
- Public Health Doctoral Student Wins Levy Award
- Provost search committee website launched
- Graduate Education Announces 2014-2015 Fellowship Recipients
- Langan Appointed an Associate Dean of Nursing
The Doisy College of Health Sciences is proud to announce the Department of Physical and Athletic Training was awarded a bid by the World Federation of Athletic Training and Therapy (WFATT) to host its World Congress on the Saint Louis University campus on June 20-22, 2015.
Also . . .
- School of Education Celebrates 90 Years of Educating Teachers
- 15 years at the forefront of biosecurity education
- SLU Hosts Event for Local Universities Supporting Mosaic Project's Immigration Efforts
- Biology Graduate Student Publishes Research on Invasive Kudzu Plant
- 21st Annual Graduate Research Symposium Winners Announced
- Graduate Programs Score in U.S. News & World Report Rankings
- Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy to Host Courses at SLU
- Department of Biomedical Engineering Acquires New Equipment
- Sigma Xi Calls for Abstracts for Research Symposium
- University Hosts Martin Luther King Jr. Annual Tribute
- University Launches New Faith and Justice Collaborative
- Center for Sustainability to Fund Research, Community Projects
- Center for Sustainability to Offer Graduate Assistantships
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Master’s Program Announced
- American Journal of Botany Highlights Biology Faculty Research
- Parks College IEEE Hosts Second Annual BillikenBots
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)