As COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, continues to impact the nation and the world, Saint Louis University is taking appropriate steps to prioritize the health and safety of our campus. Services and events may be adapted or interrupted during this time.
We ask for your continued patience as leaders and medical professionals work through this complicated, evolving issue. Please see the list below for the latest information about changes to the hours or status of instruction, services and events at the University.
Outside of the announced changes to academic instruction and residence halls, SLU's St. Louis campus is open. To the extent possible, we aim to continue with normal operations, although we recognize that usual business may need to be conducted by phone/virtual meetings. We encourage students to keep scheduled academic appointments by phone/video meetings if they are able to do so.
Classes and Instruction
- St. Louis: In-person courses and instruction will take place online until the end of the semester,
including finals, as of Monday, March 23. Remote classes for the School of Law begin
Monday, March 16.
Exceptions to the suspension of in-person courses and instruction include: the School of Medicine, select programs in the Doisy College of Health Sciences, the Center for Advanced Dental Education, courses that are already online, and off-campus experiential learning opportunities (clinicals, internships, student teaching, etc.).
- Madrid: All instruction is taking place online. U.S. students have been asked to return to their homes. For the latest information about COVID-19 and SLU-Madrid, visit www.slu.edu/madrid/news/2020/coronavirus-update.
- Online: Online classes offered through SLU's School for Professional Studies continue as scheduled.
- 1818 Advanced College Credit Program: 1818 students will be eligible to still receive their SLU 1818 college credits. For updates and information regarding participation in SLU’s 1818 Program, please visit the 1818 COVID-19 FAQ page.
- Other Learning Experiences: Experiential learning opportunities that take place off campus, such as internships,
clinical rotations, student teaching, etc. are not impacted unless students are otherwise
directed by their dean, or the organization/host says otherwise.
Flight Training: Due to Illinois and the city of St. Louis being placed under
"stay at home" orders, voluntary flight and simulator training flight training is no longer resuming this semester. Impacted students should check their slu.edu email for further details.
Medical and Clinical Services Status
- SLUCare: SLUCare is operating normally at this time. For help with a SLUCare appointment, contact our SLUCare Call Center at 314-977-4440 or toll-free at 866-977-4440.
- Center for Advanced Dental Education: CADE is closed until further notice except for dental emergencies.
- Law Clinics: Scott Hall is now closed to the public. Clients can contact our legal clinics directly at 314-977-2778 for more information.
Health Resource Center (HRC): The HRC is temporarily closed until further notice. The cancellations of HRC clinics will be updated weekly on the clinic calendar.
Campus Services Changes Due to COVID-19
- Bookstore: The Saint Louis University Barnes & Noble Bookstore will be closed until further notice.
Campus Ministry: Campus ministers are available remotely, and Campus Ministry is maintaining an active set of virtual offerings, which can be found on their website and by following @sluministry on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Campus Visits: All campus admission visits are suspended as of Tuesday, March 17. MLK scholarship interview weekend and the March Select Saturday programs have been postponed. For questions, contact a visit assistant at visitSLU@slu.edu, 314-977-2500 or 800-758-3678.
- Dining: Dining is available on campus in limited locations and during reduced hours. For the latest information which facilities are open when, visit dineslu.sodexomyway.com.
- Enrollment Services: Offices of the University Registrar and Student Financial Services will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, until April 3.
- Pius XII Memorial Library is closed until further notice.
- The Medical Center Library is open Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Vincent C. Immel Law Library has suspended all in-person services. Access to the law library space and print collection is available to SLU students, faculty, and staff via card swipe access during Scott Hall's building hours, which are currently 6 a.m. to midnight. The vast majority of the law library's electronic resources are available remotely and may be accessed via the law library's databases page and the library catalog.
Find Additional Information on Online Library Resources
- Pius XII Memorial Library is closed until further notice.
- Museums: Saint Louis University Museum of Art, the Historic Samuel Cupples House and Gallery and the Museum of Contemporary Religious Art are closed until further notice.
- Mail Room: Mail and package delivery will no longer be in effect until further notice. See new procedures now in place for mail and package pick-up and drop-off.
- Residence Halls: Residence halls are open only to students who have been granted an exemption to live on campus for the remainder of the semester.
- Simon Recreation Center: Simon Recreation Center is closed until further notice.
- Student Health: Hours for student health remain unchanged however walk-in appointments are not available; please call first from the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. After business hours and on weekends, staff members from student health and university counseling remain on call for urgent needs.
- Transportation: Shuttles will run the week of March 23 with one Grand shuttle and the Billiken shuttle. The Parks College/Scott Hall shuttle will only run to Scott Hall. SLU Ride will operate seven days a week from 6 p.m. to midnight.
University Counseling Center: Online counseling appointments are available. Students may call 314-977-8255 and leave a message for an appointment.
Events and Worship
Many events have been impacted by SLU's move to online only instruction for the semester.
- Alumni Events: All alumni events on and off campus are canceled through May 31. For the latest information, please visit alumni.slu.edu or contact the event organizer.
- Atlas Week: Atlas Week 2020 has been canceled.
- Athletics: The Atlantic 10 Conference has canceled all 2020 spring sports competitions (conference and non-conference), and 2020 spring conference championships, effective immediately. For the the latest information, visit slubillikens.com.
- Chaifetz Arena: All scheduled events at Chaifetz Arena will be postponed through April 30, 2020. Chaifetz Arena management will be working with the promoters of the events to reschedule as many of the events as possible for later in 2020. Guests are urged to retain their tickets until new dates are announced. For the latest, visit thechaifetzarena.com.
Geo-Resolution 2020: The conference co-sponsors, Saint Louis University and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, have decided to postpone the Geo-Resolution 2020 Conference. The organizers hope to reschedule Geo-Resolution at a later date and will communicate details when more information is available.
- 2020 Commencement: SLU has made the difficult decision to postpone May commencement ceremonies and related activities. Students who plan to graduate in May are encouraged to fill out a survey developed in coordination with SGA and other student leaders. Information from the survey will be used to plan next steps. The deadline to complete the survey is Wednesday, April 15.
For questions about a specific activity, please refer to the event listing or contact the event organizer.