Student Personnel Administration | Master of Arts Degree
The goals of the Higher Education Administration Program are generated through a firm commitment to its philosophy statement:
- To prepare reflective practitioners committed to excellence in service to others.
- To instill four "habits" within our students: the habit of service, the habit of inquiry and research, the habit of self-examination and reflection, and the habit of leadership within a community of scholars.
- To offer students an excellent professional education and a sound background within a liberal tradition of education.
- To reaffirm and strengthen a commitment of service to the community.
|Higher Education Administration home||School of Education home|
|Application Deadline for Beginning Term||The Application Package||Apply Online|
|Fall: July 1 (International: May 1)||Transcript(s); Three (3) Letters of Recommendation; Resume; Professional Goal Statement; On-campus or phone interview is desired||
(Advantages of the web application)
|Spring: Nov. 1 (International: Oct. 1)|
|Summer: April 1|
|Tel. No.: 314.977.4062
|Program Director: Karen A. Myers, Ph.D.
Admission Coordinator: Yvonne Fisher
Assistantship Application Deadline
- Fall semester: March 1
Required Additional Application Materials for International Students
- A completed Declaration of Financial Support packet with all accompanying documents
- TOEFL or IELTS or PTE Academic score
English Proficiency scores required for all international students; regardless if an applicant has previously attended an U.S. institution. Check our English Proficiency Policy page for specific TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic score requirements. You may also visit our international prospects, applicants and students page for more information about international application requirements.
- Application reviewed by committee
- An above-average GPA
- A review of English proficiency test scores and SLU Writing Exam (for International applicants)
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- A review of TOEFL scores (for international applicants)
- SLU Writing Exam (SLUWE) if admitted (for international applicants)
Application Review Process: Applications are reviewed upon completion by a committee. Application status can viewed in:
Apply Web >>Manage Your Account >>View Checklist
Admission Statistics: The program draws from a large pool of qualified applicants.
Rankings/Honors: All programs are nationally accredited. Nearly 20 percent of all of Missouri's superintendents are alumni of the Graduate School at Saint Louis University.
Credit Hours/Coursework: A minimum of 32 credit hours beyond the bachelor's degree. Successful completion of a three-hour comprehensive written examination and a one-hour oral examination at the conclusion of the student's coursework. | Higher Education Admin. MA Program in Student Personnel Administration
Program Description: The Master of Arts degree is designed to prepare individuals for professional management positions in the field of higher education, including the areas of academic and student affairs, enrollment management, administration, and institutional policy. | About Higher Education Administration
Careers Possibilities: Postsecondary student affairs, enrollment management, and selected academic affairs positions (entry level, mid-level, and senior level positions depending on education and experience) at 2-year and 4-year institutions. | Career Services
Curriculum and Program Details: Two words describe this program: quality and demanding. Students are already educational full-time students or professionals who are looking to enhance their skills and advance their careers. Students come to learn and perform with certain positions already in mind and are able to apply knowledge to practice.
About the Higher Education Faculty: All full-time faculty members are engaged in current, active research in educational topics. | School of Education faculty
Scholarships and Financial Aid: Assistantships are available within the School of Education. Information on other financial aid opportunities is available through Student Financial Services. Almost all students are part-time with full-time, professional positions. | Student Financial Services at SLU
Program Highlights: Most courses are taught by current and former administrators in the field of higher education and student affairs, many of whom are active in local, regional, national, and international professional associations.