Residence Life Overview
Division of Student Development Mission Statement
The Division of Student Development helps students develop as leaders who are spiritually formed, critically reflective, and socially and personally responsible.
- Spiritually formed students will have an understanding that there is a greater purpose and meaning in every life, and this will shape their influence con others.
- Critically reflective students gain knowledge and experience while challenging and clarifying values and beliefs.
- Socially responsible students will be influenced to encourage community and promote positive social change by gaining an understanding of other cultures and social conditions.
- Personally responsible students respect themselves and evaluate and adjust behaviors to ensure that they are physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually healthy.
Department Mission Statement
The Department of Housing and Residence Life provides a transformative residential experience. Through living in community, students:
- exhibit a commitment to individual and community responsibility,
- develop an understanding of personal and social identities, and
- cultivate academic and intellectual growth.
On-campus population - approximately 3,800 students including student staff
Department of Housing and Residence Life Professional Staff
Director of Housing and Residence Life- 1 full-time staff member who oversees the department.
Associate Directors- 2 Associate Directors total: 1 full-time Residence Life and 1 full-time Housing Operations
Assistant Directors- 4 Assistant Directors total: 1 full-time Housing Assignments and Marketing, 2 full-time Residence Life, 1 full-time Residential Education.
Learning Community Coordinator- 1 fill-time staff member who oversees daily development of the learning communities and learning community student leadership.
Learning Community Academic Coordinator- 1 full-time staff member who oversees the academic course connection and academic support components of the learning community program (half position LC and half position major exploration advising)
Restorative Justice Coordinator- 1 full-time staff member who oversees the conduct and restorative justice processes for residential students.
Housing Operations Coordinator- 1 full-time staff member who oversees the housing assignments for all students living on campus.
Administrative Assistants- 2 full-time staff members who assist the central housing office with administrative duties including student staff payroll.
- Residence Hall Coordinators (RHC)- 9 full-time live in staff members who oversee daily operations of a residence hall or apartment building.
- Graduate Assistants (GA)- 3 Graduate Assistants total: 1 part-time to work with Learning Community program, 2 part-time live-in staff members who oversee daily operations of a residence hall or apartment building.
- Desk Managers (DM)- 10 undergraduate staff that oversee desk management and supervision.
- Resident Advisors (RA)- 106 undergraduate staff responsible for developing community and enforcing policy in the residence halls and apartments.
- Desk Workers (DW)- Student staff who work at 24 hour security desk located in each residence hall and one apartment building.