- Employment Opportunities
Residence Life Overview
Division of Student Development Mission Statement
The Division of Student Development helps students develop as leaders who are spiritually formed, critically reflective, and socially and personally responsible.
- Spiritually formed students will have an understanding that there is a greater purpose and meaning in every life, and this will shape their influence con others.
- Critically reflective students gain knowledge and experience while challenging and clarifying values and beliefs.
- Socially responsible students will be influenced to encourage community and promote positive social change by gaining an understanding of other cultures and social conditions.
- Personally responsible students respect themselves and evaluate and adjust behaviors to ensure that they are physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually healthy.
Department Mission Statement
The Department of Housing and Residence Life enhances the campus experience by creating an environment that facilitates the growth and development of the whole student. Housing and Residence Life strives to provide a safe and secure environment that fosters healthy, inclusive community-building among residents, supporting and emphasizing their academic success. Our commitment is to intentionally support the development of men and women for others through our support for the educational mission of the University and its Jesuit, Catholic heritage.
On campus population - 3,867 including student staff
Department of Housing and Residence Life Professional Staff
Director of Housing and Residence Life - 1 full-time staff member who oversees the department.
Associate Director - 1 full-time Residence Life.
Assistant Directors - 4 Assistant Directors: 1 full-time Housing Operations, 2 full-time Residence Life, 1 full-time Residential Education.
Restorative Justice Coordinator - 1 full time staff member who oversees the conduct process for residential students.
Housing Operations Coordinator- 1 full-time staff member who oversees the housing assignments for all students living on campus.
Administrative Assistants - 2 full-time staff members who assist the central housing office with administrative duties including student staff payroll.
- Residence Hall Coordinators (RHC) - 9 full-time live in staff members who oversee daily operations of a residence hall or apartment building.
- Graduate Hall Coordinators (GHC) - 3 part-time live in staff members who oversee daily operations of a residence hall or apartment building and may have additional responsibilities in the department.
- Desk Managers (DM) - 10 undergraduate staff that oversee desk management and supervision.
- Resident Advisors (RA) - 102 undergraduate staff responsible for developing community and enforcing policy in the residence halls and apartments.
- Desk Workers (DW) - Student staff who work at 24 hour security desk located in each residence hall and one apartment building.